Ol' Blue

GoldenMotor.com

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
This is actually my 2nd bike,it just got here first.
26" Micargi stretched cruiser Mid Night Blue.
Engine-PK 80
carburater-CNS
Tires-26x2.125"
SEAT-Gyes 11x10" dual spring leather cruiser style
Custom made chain tensioner,10 t Idler sprocket and MM hub adapter&40 t sprockt Still hook n" it up while I waite for my BTR to be fabed(Sportsman Flyer) Having fun with my buddy on this build .
Will have more post's as things progress Truckd

Attachments

Last edited:

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Thanks! for the comments
Another thing I did was fabricated a clutch cable tunel that inserts into the clutch cable eye hole the pitches slightly upward between the clutch housing and cylinder so as not only to keep from scratch the paint but tokeep whare and tare down on all.
My next step is to install the CNS carb wich did ont come with any instructions, so if you or anyone else has pictorial instruction/manual on the how too's shoot it my way poor favor
Thanks! again for the shout out

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
For all out there who are into leather seat/saddles for your bike and can't afford a Brooks
Boy! do I have some good news for ya. I bought a Gyes 11x10" springed leather saddle and am blown away with the quality of materials and craftsmanship,the saddle has both percusion and recoil springs something Brooks does not offer and also comes with protective lining underneith. The selection was great concerning colors,sizes and styles. check it out at Home Page then click on Gyes and go from there, they also have an inexpensive but high quality throttle.
you won't be disappointed

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
The engine covers remind me of the CalCustom valve covers we bolt to our car motors. Well done.

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
For all out there who are into leather seat/saddles for your bike and can't afford a Brooks
Boy! do I have some good news for ya. I bought a Gyes 11x10" springed leather saddle and am blown away with the quality of materials and craftsmanship,the saddle has both percusion and recoil springs something Brooks does not offer and also comes with protective lining underneith.
yeah, but how does it feel? ;)

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
The leather seats that are not narrow little things that become permanently lodged in your butt are supposed to be VERY comfortable. Many people rave that they will never go back to a gel seat after they have owned a comfortable leather cruiser seat.

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
They feel great!! and Gyes offers a varity if sizes and styles,I have the larger of the saddles but as I said check em out and compare to the brooks at three times the $$$$$
I for one will never go to anyother type saddle but leather. Gyes also makes donut hand grips and bike bags in the same color as your saddle, something other then leather well yer just plain weird or something

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
The next engine is going to be done in a Plymouth copper tone to match the Schwinn copper tone on my Sportsmanflyer BTR, if your going to paint the engine make sure the paint is specifically for an engine with ceramic incorperated in the paint otherwise it will! fry and your stuck with not only a burnt looking engine but one that also smells like crap too you can purchase the paint at pep boys or any other auto parts place but read the can.
I think what also helps the engine in my case, is that it was completely dis-assemble'd and super cleaned of all flashing inside and out then carefully painted, Id like to see a Hemi orange paint job insted of hod rod red like every one else has, be differant thats what makes it pop! and by the way clutch and billet magneto covers were supplied by Sick Bike parts Thanks! again Jim
Thanks for all comments, keep me incouraged! I'll post as build progress's

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Thanks! for the litterature, this is my first motorized build and will do many more in the future !
My Dad is an avid collector of vintage automobiles as well as hot rods & motorcycles and I've always wanted something as cool as his stuff and ever since he got me, my first bike for Christmas in 1966( a copper Schwinn Sting Ray $29.99) Well need I expain, I broke my leg in three places on that bike and had it for 20 yrs. before selling it to the little kid across the street for $70.00 in 1986

Last edited:

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
Great story, really warmed my heart :) Yeah sure, cars are great, but there are VERY few kids who don't have a story about bikes. Almost every kid I know grew up with one, it's something that stays in a special place in our hearts as we become adults too I suppose :) I would have loved a stingray :)

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
That old Schwinn Sting Ray went through every stage I did first was the hot rod it was made to be then the chopper stage with the big tall sissy bar and round steering wheel and last the BMX with nobby tires bent seat post little handle bars, four bolt goose neck,cross bars,pads and the ten spd seat then back to what to it was originally when I sold it to the kid across the street and it was already a collectors item in 1986. My second bike was again a Christmas present from my Dad, a 1976 Schwinn 24" frame orange Varisity 10
speed (purchased for $130.00) my brother also got the exact bike.
I gave up on bicycles when I went through a bitter divorce and custody battle, at that time I had built two bikes for my sons that were totally dumpster dives builds, they were beautiful I was so tore up I threw the bikes
back into the dumpster they came from,never ridden once then one day at a car show with my Dad I saw two motorized Schwinn beach cruisers(father and son owned) well that did it ! putting all emotion aside I jump'n right back into it, now one of my sons (#2) who now lives in Georgia is also building a motorized bike after seeing what I'm doing. it was a father to a son thing and Thank God!! so will it continue

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Finally done,except for some wiring and fuel line then test run.
Thanks to Pat(sportscarpat) for the tank and advice along with BIG!Thanks!! to my pal Dave (neighbor) for all the help on mech's on the bike .
Stay tuned for the next one, a SportsmanFlyer BTR on the way.

Attachments

Last edited:

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
I know this is an old post but I never posted Ol' Blue totally finished, so the seat is in the right position,nuts & bolts tightened,fuel line hooked up, leather grip covers, cdi hooked up and hidden under the engine, all done!
This bike gives you a very Majestic feeling when you sit on it and the 32" wide handle bars are sooooo!! comfortable, I hope that whoever buys this bike will take care of it, I put alot of time and effort into it and especially to create a late 30's theme.
I have often recommended this Micargi Huntington stretched cruiser bike to lots of people looking for a quality pruduct in a beach cruiser and in my opinion you won't find a better bike if a cruiser is what your looking for? this bike was semi modle'd after the old Schwinn Phantoms with identical reproduced components, except the stretched frame.
Hope ya'all like it

Attachments

Last edited: