Hi everybody!

GoldenMotor.com

Gary Papesh

Nov 11, 2010
Joliet,IL
Just wanted to say hi to everybody. This forum looks like a good place for me to start with my bike project. It will be a while though, I have a Yamaha RZ 500 V4 2 stroke I am restoring/upgrading, and I have to finish it first. I have seen a lot of the vids on you tube, the motors on ebay ,and this looks like a blast!
Especially those screaming little Morini motors going 50 mph! Basically I'm a 2 stroke adrenaline junkie, so this place looks cool to me :) I've got a full suspension Mongoose I can use, but the frame is all wrong. Time to start welding. Btw, all you AZ. guys seem to have a thriving bike community out there, with the Death Race and all that. Way Cool!
Sincerely, Gary P. ,Joliet Il.

Attachments

Mac

Dec 3, 2009
Maine
Gary,
Welcome to the forum! Being a recovering 2 stroke junkie myself, 1974 750 H2E tripple, GT380, 72 H1 and a abused RD400(a while ago) I can't get enough of these 2 smokes, same principals apply 'cept he quality isn't there, but we all are determined.

Mac

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome. Glad you've joined us. Looks like you have some 2 wheel/cycle experience so this little hobby shouldn't be that much of a challenge for you to master. Be patient and ask if you need help with your first build. Have fun.
Tom

Gary Papesh

Nov 11, 2010
Joliet,IL
Thanks for the welcome guys! And hello to you nougat, I put my pin on the map, but I did'nt see one in Kendall County, glad to see more nearby. Hey Mac, do you still have the H2? Those babies are really starting to appreciate in value. Wish I would have hoarded a few back in the 80's when they were "just another jap bike" .
Sincerely, Gary P.

Mac

Dec 3, 2009
Maine
unfortunately not. I sold both the H2 and the V-max when I left Florida, silly me, I thought Maine would not have a long bike season.. who knew??

Gary Papesh

Nov 11, 2010
Joliet,IL
O.K Nougat, it was you I saw then. Been to Farm and Fleet lately? I am lucky it's a bit of a ride away from me, I spend too much whenever I walk in that place.
Hey Mac, is it getting cold in Maine yet? I'm in Illinois, and we will see 30's tonight.
Sincerely, Gary P.