The Scream

GoldenMotor.com

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida
Hey y'all,
After reaming myself regarding better pics of the build.....here it is .....my first build with the help of RedB66....modified intake was Red's idea....I took it a bit further .......much like a side draft Weber......this bike SCREAMS.....hence the name .."The Scream".........a 2008 model Schwinn Skyliner.....49cc Zoom completely stock motor........shoehorned into this tight frame....well worth the effort.......
Thanks,
Saltybrnot

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

akeyma

Aug 31, 2008
Like the way you did your intake
I should have thought of that, mine is on the second aircleaner modification

Attachments

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida
Like the way you did your intake
I should have thought of that, mine is on the second aircleaner modification
Hey.....I like that build much ! and I can see that your carb is a tight fit too....what we did was cut the mount off of another intake pipe and used it as a 45 degree connector....using an automotive heater hose to connect them.....gives a lot of room for the throttle cable and air filter.....however.....from a stop your acceleration isnt that great but once ya get going it simply " Screams "......LOL....good luck !

Thanks,
Saltybrnot

Mike Hunt

Jun 9, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
good choice on the frame, it looks so much better when the frame is just big enough to hold the engine, like it was designed with that purpose in mind.

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida
good choice on the frame, it looks so much better when the frame is just big enough to hold the engine, like it was designed with that purpose in mind.

Mike,
I concur.....the tight builds do look better but at times present a conundrum...how the **** do ya mount them ?....but RedB66 is a genius and the bike wouldn't be on the road w/o him ....being a first build I learned a butt load and am currently looking into another similiar build.....any advice y'all ?

Thanks,
Saltycvlt1

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida
listen to red !!!
not his first time at the dance :)
Ayup!.......Red's awesome alright....thank God we live in the same town !.....I actually called him one night at like......10pm..... cause I busted the fuel filter and cut the fuel line too short and desperately needed a new line....luckily he was off work that night and said " come on over"....gave me some line and proceeded to chastise me about being too much of an eager beaver.....LOL... ( I kid you not )
Someone else in this forum said " one ride and you're hooked ".....truer words.......

Thanks,
Saltycvlt1

White Wolf

Aug 28, 2009
Hamilton, Ontario
One ride and you're hooked, is an understatement. It became an obsession for me! lol.
Thats for sure, I too took my friends bike out for a ride (with a motor of coarse) and know I am building my own MB. The funny thing is I have another addiction too lol. Nitro RC trucks, and I blew my motor on my truck, and had enough money to get this sweet motor (Picco P3 .28/4.6 engine) but instead of fueling my addiction (RC) I went and bought an 80cc and a whole bunch of goodies to go with it lol.

So yes this hobby is very very addictive lol

Now I am waiting on the brown truck to arrive this week :)

White Wolf cflg

T0lly

Aug 11, 2009
Sapulpa, OK
Nice bike and good job.
I just built one using same bike frame. LINK
When I mounted the muffler I had interference with the crank. Did you run into this?

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida
Nice bike and good job.
I just built one using same bike frame. LINK
When I mounted the muffler I had interference with the crank. Did you run into this?
Yes I did .....simply remove the muffler/pipe contraption....vice it ( pipe not muffler )....and GENTLY push/pull it in the direction you need.....doesn't have to be a lot to clear....keeps that clacking feel/noise from occuring and adds peace of mind not to mention performance.....

Good luck!
Saltybrnot

Aug 23, 2009
British Columbia
I sure did! I had a heck of a time with the muffler! It wouldn't seal at the flange (2mm gap on bottom of flange) then after adapting silicone to seal it best I could, the muffler tip came off mid ride! I had to stand there, waiting for the tip to cool. lol. It would blow off at 17km/h after that, it became unusable until I went into an automotive shop, and thankfully the dude put nine tack welds around the tip, and it never came off again. I had that engine screamin doin 53.8km/h! I backed off and cruised at 40km/h for a bit, then the engine just silenced. My chain was dragging, and I was stuck pedaling. An autopsy revealed that my bottom bearing broke. So the Black Stallion is dead, awaiting rebirth, and I'm running my CH80 for the time being. :) If you buy the Black Stallion kit from Gasbike.net, beware! This thing could kill! If I had the #41 chain I have now, it would not have snapped, my rear tire would have locked, and I would have gone over the handle bars at 40km/h. These engines are a blast, and very efficient, but in my opinion, they are unpredictable kit to kit. You get what you pay for, and right now, I'm trusting my $350 Chris Hill 69.9cc. He upgrades the bearings, as well as other things, to ensure a little more that there will be no engine malfunction.

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida
I sure did! I had a heck of a time with the muffler! It wouldn't seal at the flange (2mm gap on bottom of flange) then after adapting silicone to seal it best I could, the muffler tip came off mid ride! I had to stand there, waiting for the tip to cool. lol. It would blow off at 17km/h after that, it became unusable until I went into an automotive shop, and thankfully the dude put nine tack welds around the tip, and it never came off again. I had that engine screamin doin 53.8km/h! I backed off and cruised at 40km/h for a bit, then the engine just silenced. My chain was dragging, and I was stuck pedaling. An autopsy revealed that my bottom bearing broke. So the Black Stallion is dead, awaiting rebirth, and I'm running my CH80 for the time being. :) If you buy the Black Stallion kit from Gasbike.net, beware! This thing could kill! If I had the #41 chain I have now, it would not have snapped, my rear tire would have locked, and I would have gone over the handle bars at 40km/h. These engines are a blast, and very efficient, but in my opinion, they are unpredictable kit to kit. You get what you pay for, and right now, I'm trusting my $350 Chris Hill 69.9cc. He upgrades the bearings, as well as other things, to ensure a little more that there will be no engine malfunction.
Oh God,
I am so sorry and you have my condolences..........these * China Girls*....are difficult to understand.....we take them as we get them don't we ?.....I have the 415 chain....so far so good....keep her lubed and in the bedroom......( LOL )....but you're right...the motors are a complete blast !...cheap enough to blow one up and learn from it huh ? .....brings to mind the song from Shania Twain.....* You're Still The One *........hahahaha

Laters,
Saltybrnot