GoldenMotor.com

philip 48

Jul 11, 2009
louisville ,kentucky
Hello from Louisville,Ky.
Got started by looking for a motorcycle on line. Ran across motorize your bicycle. I said to myself
got to check this out. Have been watching the forum for 2 months. Started a build 3 weeks ago, finished 4 days ago. It is a Target China Swchinn,with 80cc china girl,shift kit , with 7-speed
cassette. New to computer also, but i will try and post some pics.

philip 48

Jul 11, 2009
louisville ,kentucky
Thanks for the welcome Fairracing 31. I tried to send pics, but the file was was too big.
A friend took the pics at his house an e-mailed them to me with the big file. I'll try and put the pics on my computer and foward.
I am kind of proud of my MB! It is a china schwinn, bought at target.She is red and silver Southpark cruser,fenderless. It has a tachometer and speedometer,headlight to!
She has a full chainguard, to include covering the jack-shaft sprocket. It has a rear rack
with small saddle bags and a Big Bournetrager cruser saddle. I made a bracket to thy
the head to the upper frame to keep engine torq from stretching the drive chain,it works quite well,but heightens the vibration considerably. I had better stop talking about my MB. I am 62 retired sheet metal worker. I build drag cars on the side ,but i think motorized bicycle riding might be a neat little hobby for me. PS. it has taken me 3 days to tune and adjust the bike,so it will do what it is supposed to do,must be slowing in my old age! Don't know how anyone could possibly build a MB in less than week! Thanks for letting me wind down. Whew!

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Philip,
Welcome to the forum. You'll find lots of us old timers here with hot rod, airplane, boat and motorcycle experience who have discovered the simplicity and joys of motorized bicycles. It's a great way to, as you say, 'wind down' after years of messing with high performance machines. Have fun, ride careful.
Tom