many problems i think

GoldenMotor.com

zagin

May 10, 2009
usa
so i have had this bike for a bit
1 it started to make a poping misfiring sound i thought it was my mixture so i added a bit more gas to the mix worked
2 after a day it started acting up agin but instead was making a drowry moan like it was flooding ? or not geting gas so i blew out the carb and it started to work agin for like 15 minits
3 now all try and start it and the motor will kick in but just on an adile if i pull the cluch to get to a idling stand point the engine stops instantly and if i fiddle a little bit i can get the motor to work for 5 minits around the block but its making poping backfiring sounds the whole time and it wont go to fast till it finaly cuts out agin

trew all this i have had the spark plug looked at "not replaced"
i have replaced a fuel line tho with i have opened the "crank case"?? so maby thats were an air leech
is so if some 1 wants to help me with this tell me what to do all go do it and tell you what happened i figger i would stop screwing with it befor it reely breaks :-||

Help i have a few DUI's and its the only thing the courts will let me drive

Shadeslay

Feb 25, 2009
Arroyo Grande, Ca
Spray carb cleaner or wd-40 around the engine while you have it idling to look for air leaks. You'll either hear the engine cut out or rev. Look around the carb or intake, as they are the most likely culprits.

Also most states require at least a drivers license to ride a MB. Although most police don't hassle riders.

zagin

May 10, 2009
usa
yeah i cant get it to idle as soon as it turns over and i pull the cluch it dies"problem 3"
but as soon as i get it to idle all work that step

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I wouldn't randomly add gas to the mix or tank, that asking for more problems.

Water in the fuel?
Tried a new plug?
Checked for air leaks as suggested above?
How does it run if you keep the clutch engaged once it starts?

Spunout

MB Builder Extraordinaire
Jul 21, 2008
coventry, RI
blog.360.yahoo.com
zagin called me earlier today and i suggested he come here with this, because ive never heard of a motor dying when the clutch is pulled in....thats a new one.
he DID say the plug 'wobbled', so a loose plug doesnt help anything. but that wouldnt kill the motor when the clutch is pulled in.
i,too, recommended he spray some carb/choke cleaner around the engine to check for leaks.
did you do that?

EDIT: joe...he says it runs like $hit, pretty much all the time it will run

zagin

May 10, 2009
usa
when it starts is slowly dies like its not firing agin cant check for air leaks to easy becues i cant get it to idle and when i engage the cluch agin after starting it it dies right then geting a new plug tomarrow

hi spun

Last edited:

zagin

May 10, 2009
usa
yeah some times i can get it to run but it makes a poping misfiring sound and wont get to eny real rpm till it finily dies out agin

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
How old is your gas?
Maybe the key has sheared off and it's out of time?

I'd go with a new plug, and some fresh new gas/oil mix, check for water in your tank, and also behind the left side cover.

GoFastBicycles

Jul 29, 2008
West Point PA.
The main jet tube is screwed to the bottom of carb. Remove the 2 screws that hold the fuel bowl to the carb if the jet tube is off it will be swimming in bowl with the float. I had one give me problems

Adam

Spunout

MB Builder Extraordinaire
Jul 21, 2008
coventry, RI
blog.360.yahoo.com
try turning the idle screw waaaaay in...just to keep the motor running while you spray around checking for leaks. way in.
EDIT: ensure your wires are well-connected, and have you checked your spark?

Last edited: