Where can I find these?

GoldenMotor.com

brucemg51

Jul 10, 2008
I'm looking for the CLUTCH PIN AND BEARING. This is the metal Dowel
and Ball Bearing that is installed into the center of
the engine drive sprocket behind left side engine
sprocket cover.

The place I can find them is Thatsdax, and he's out of stock.

Walter F.

Jun 4, 2008
Connecticut
The little ball bearing is a M8, the little rod is another story, depending on engine size it's any where from 25mm to 28mm. Creative Engineering discovered this by accident when they brought out their clutch actuator.
My 49cc was 27.9mm and my 70cc was 25.6mm, so with the little rod cut you a piece of 5/16" cold rolled rod from the hardware, cut it about 1-1/8" long and keep grinding it down till it works, sorta like "shoot till ya win" also one end of the rod wants to be rounded this end points out, the square end goes against the M8 ball bearing. Good Luck & I hope this helps Walter F.

brucemg51

Jul 10, 2008
Just a note of thanks, Walter. As I've been unable to locate these items for sale anywhere, I'll use your specs to make my own.
Bruce

Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
Bruce,

Walter's right...I'll add a bit.

Ace hardware or any good mom's & pop's hardware store will have 5/16" balls. 5/16" is .312", 8mm is .314". Don't worry about finding 8mm balls, the 5/16" are only .002" smaller and are readily available.

You also want to buy a 1" & a 1-1/4" long 5/16" steel dowel pin to use for the push pin. They are hardened and cheap!

You may get lucky and the 1" pin will work perfectly...otherwise you have to grind the 1-1/4" pin to fit.

Jim

brucemg51

Jul 10, 2008
Thanks. Of course I wish I'd been careful enough not to lose the parts in the first place. But with the information you've provided I should be able to make my own.

Walter F.

Jun 4, 2008
Connecticut
Thanks. Of course I wish I'd been careful enough not to lose the parts in the first place. But with the information you've provided I should be able to make my own.
The you have it, Jim at Creative Engineering knows as much or more about that part of a China Girl engine as the guy in China that designed it!!

Now you answer me a question, aren't you the guy who about 2 months ago was gonna put "these dangerous poorly made engines in a trash compactor"? How your poorly made engine fell of the bike? The orange bike with no pedals and a pipe thru the crank hole for foot pegs? Aren't you that guy?Glad to see you got over your little hissey fit and how's it been goin'? Walter F

brucemg51

Jul 10, 2008
The you have it, Jim at Creative Engineering knows as much or more about that part of a China Girl engine as the guy in China that designed it!!

Now you answer me a question, aren't you the guy who about 2 months ago was gonna put "these dangerous poorly made engines in a trash compactor"? How your poorly made engine fell of the bike? The orange bike with no pedals and a pipe thru the crank hole for foot pegs? Aren't you that guy?Glad to see you got over your little hissey fit and how's it been goin'? Walter F
I'm very impressed with the amazing accuracy of your memory, Walter. Or, maybe what I should be impressed with is that my "little hissey fit" made such an indelible impression. That, I think, is no small accomplishment considering the volume and intensity of the emotionally charged exchanges which have taken place, and are taking place in this forum, even as we speak. Yes, that was me, the flaming arsehole with the orange bike who vowed to never have anything to do with these dangerous things ever again. :-||
Well shucks, guess I changed my mind. Hope that's allowed here.

Walter F.

Jun 4, 2008
Connecticut
Changing ones point of view is part of learning, you had just run out of ideas that's all. Bet you're building stronger bikes because of it! Walter F.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome back Bruce,
Anyone who owns an orange bike is OK by me. Send us some pix when yours is up and running.
Tom (of the Halloween Gal)

Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
Bruce,

Unfortunately the advertising that accompanies these engine kits leave the, would be, installer to believe that it's an easy breezy 3-4 hour job.

The reality is quite different! These kits ARE NOT one size fits all...some installations are easier than others.

Not in any effort to be a sarcastic ass...(Nor is this aimed at you personally)...It's just a simple observation. A large part of southeast Asia uses this combo as primary transportation. I'm sure if the impoverished farmer in Vietnam can manage to assemble an engine powered bike...us Yanks can surely manage it without a whole lot of fan fare.

Something about "Yankee ingenuity" comes to mind!. .weld

Glad to see you're going to stick it out! A bicycle with an engine = fun!!! :D

Jim