my first bike ride

GoldenMotor.com

graydog8josh

Nov 23, 2012
Starkville,MS
not a great story teller but here goes:

So, i ordered my flying horse kit in september from bike berry after waffling for weeks.
I had some of it put together but i couldnt finish it, no motivation. So i called up a buddy and he rode over on his bike: the GT aggressor(red).

I needed some energy and some gasoline, so we drove to a gas station to get a gas tank. They managed to not have one, so we went to the family dollar to get a gas tank... nope. so finally we went to the local ace hardware store and got a 1gallon 8oz tank. Perfecto!

So at this point the sun was setting :( so i decided i needed to hurry and complete the build. I had my friend take me to get gas at the BP station and i bought a NOS energy drink and a bob marley coffee drink. we returned to my house and i mixed my gas for the first time.

after fiddling with the chain a bit, and the tensioner i took it out for a spin. I strapped on some lights on the bike and put on my helmet. I tried and tried and couldnt get it to start after about 5 minutes. So i went back in my house to read up on how the carb works. I couldnt figure out how it was supposed to be adjusted, and i thought maybe ill move the needle once. so i pulled it apart and jammed teh throttle assembly back in. (big mistake i later found out) anyway, I let my friend (kevin) try and he managed to get it fired up. Unfortunately it was stuck wide open throttle. But no bother, it was running.

At one point i accidently let go of the clutch and the bike flew out of my hands and spun around on the ground. WOT problems!

after a couple of test runs around the block we ventured onto campus and did a parking lot obstacle course. this thing was fast, much faster than i could pedal on the GT even with its 1.5 slicks. it was stinky though. im pretty sure i was completely covered with exhaust fumes and gasoline. as we pulled up to the sanderson gym parking lot a cop pulled up and watched us for a while. All the while we were still running wide open throttle. we rode around till 4 in the morning all over campus.
the joy that thing brought led to two things: 1 I became addicted, Ive been all about motorbicycling ever since. 2 my friend bought a honda rebel, he's been all about motorcycling. I think this hobby has made a huge impact on my live. there is so much to explore on the motor bike, and my range lets me get further than any bicycle would ever allow.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Humm, that experience sounds vaguely familiar for some reason. Welcome to the club.

So I'm guessing by now you got your throttle fixed?

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
Where cattle outnumber people 3 to 1.
greydog8josh- I'm still new to this, and my first ride wasn't that long ago. Today I rode to the Post Office just because I could. It's easy to get hooked on a gasbike. This is alot of wrench turnin- double checkin- joy ridin fun! Welcome.

jji7skyline

Jan 15, 2013
Australia
Sounds awesome! I've never seen even a bit of smoke from my exhaust, so you might be running rich... but then again mine was a little lean :p