Best Mirror

GoldenMotor.com

TeddyB

Jan 19, 2008
alto michigan
I have tried 3 mirrors on my bike and have not found any I like. They all seem to vibrate loose .

Im wondering if anyone makes a clutch or brake lever for bicycles with the mirror mounted right on the lever, like the ones on my Honda? :ride:

Ted

Finfan

Aug 29, 2008
Tucson, AZ USA
I found a mirror at Ace Hardware for about $8 that inserts into the end of the handlebar. It seems quite steady when riding. Although I have to adjust it every time I start out because I am always bumping it.

misteright1_99

Mar 21, 2008
Treasure Coast, Florida
I have tried 3 mirrors on my bike and have not found any I like. They all seem to vibrate loose .

Im wondering if anyone makes a clutch or brake lever for bicycles with the mirror mounted right on the lever, like the ones on my Honda? :ride:

Ted
Why not buy a clutch mount from a motorcyle, from Ebay. Might be able to find one with mirror and lever complete. Just make sure it is for 7/8" not 1" bars.....Heres one from a Honda........

eBay Motors: 1980 Honda CB750F Clutch Lever (item 110307717746 end time Nov-10-08 17:08:18 PST)

Last edited:

TeddyB

Jan 19, 2008
alto michigan
I just bought another mirror today ,found it at a schwinn shop so time will tell.

good Idea though the e bay thing. A motoecycle lever might be a bit of overkill but i was thinking that, probably would buy a new one if I decided on that.

:ride: Ted

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
The ones we use are from the motorcycle shop. They attach to the end of the bars and are tighten up with an allen wrench. They have never moved since I installed them. They aren't the cheapest ones. I paid $45 for two of them so I put one on my bike and Dean's.

Motormac

Sep 23, 2008
Ontario Canada
I have a good quality clamp on mirror, to ensure it doesnt move put a small self tapping screw thru the clamp and into the handlebar, I also loctite this screw.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
If you use a motorcycle mirror...may I suggest mirror dampers that take out 99% of the vibration.

They are around $10-15 and can be picked up at most motorcycle stores. I used a pair on my XR600 and even at 70mph bouncing, jumping through the desert my mirrors where nice and steady. On the street, they where absolutely perfect.

Attachments