kings motors gt 80

GoldenMotor.com

Mikey_

May 15, 2016
GA
I'm looking at this kit too. There seems to be a few discussions in the archives about this motor. One earlier adopter find metal shavings and poor workmanship, other owners seem to like it and have not had any issues. Some users suggest taking it apart and inspecting the engine as a good measure for any purchase.

I wonder if it is possible to get more than 4.5 HP out of it or if it can even get the 4.5 HP that they claim it to have.

Anyway, I hope that you can find the information that you need.

mike carter 2

Nov 23, 2011
west virgina
i already intalled kit on bike exaust is crap made new one better but not what it needs has reed valves but no mods to piston seams to pull pretty hard with 36 tooth rear cog ordering sbp chamber and new piston to mod mabey larger carb also

Mikey_

May 15, 2016
GA
Do you think that it might be better to just buy a PK80 and source all the parts myself for this engine vs paying someone else for their 'fast' version of this engine?

mike carter 2

Nov 23, 2011
west virgina
i wish i had read the revue that you talked about before today now i have to do a tear down to let anyone know if any good runs about 25 30 after 3 tanks fuel run through it climes hills with some assistance on peddles when it get steep i think it will be better after i change jets in carb new chamber modded piston mabey larger carb i dont know yet if can recomend it yet this my second build first was a stock grubee with shaved slant head jetted carb home made exaust went about 35 on flat ground

Mikey_

May 15, 2016
GA
I'm going to go ahead with this motor and order everything on Monday. If it turns out to be anemic, I will just learn all that I can from the guys here and tune it myself.

mike carter 2

Nov 23, 2011
west virgina
i didnt say it was weak pulls my 200 lb ass around pretty good realy needs good exaust and more than likely carb jetted it wants to deisel bad i dont know if its the exaust i made for it or carb jetting i ride it to work daily and have a blast

Sam90lx

Sep 29, 2015
Ventura CA
I am about to buy one of these, just hope they are not junk. Guess I can spend extra and get it cleaned up and dialed in if needed but hope I don't need to.

mike carter 2

Nov 23, 2011
west virgina
i realy think its not a bad engine the exaust it came with is very restrictive about a 1/2 inch opening at the manifold the rest of kit looks good im pulling the head tommorow ill post on how it looks inside aftrer i shave some off

Sam90lx

Sep 29, 2015
Ventura CA
Cool, in for the pictures!

I also ordered the SBP expansion chamber exhaust and have a 40 tooth Sprocket / hub adapter for it.

Mikey_

May 15, 2016
GA
I don't know if I should get the GT80 or go for a 79cc predator the price is almost the same and mounting doesn't seem too hard.

I really want a 2 banger.