proper 70cc oil mix?

GoldenMotor.com

rmeloy34

Mar 26, 2009
Wallyworld Conn.
Does anyone else run a 70cc (N-70) kit?? I have been mixing about 32 /1 (4 0z to Gal) but I am not completely sure if im correct because the instructions are specific to a 49 0r 80 cc.
I tried a new oil and I seem to be smoking more than usual so I thought mabey I was running too rich,Id like to back off on the mix a bit but I want to be sure I dont go too lean,Id rather smoke than cook my motor. If anyone is Running an N-70 what are you using?
a friend of mine gave me this so called idiot proof oil,its blue and has a little cup built into the bottle
it calls for 1 cup per gallon for all mixes,the cup is only about 2.6 and it seemed strange because 32/1 is 4 oz, has anyone seen this?,its for sale at Lowes. mabey its a typo on the label im a little afraid of it unless I get some positive feedback.
Lastly on this subject is there any harm in using regular 2 cycle or semi synth.? how about the synth Marine 2 cycle,is that ok to use?
Advanced Auto parts had a fully synth. 2 cycle motorcycle racing oil,they discontinued it he sold me the last quart for a penny and I havent seen it since.
Im sure im making this more difficult than it has to be,any feedback wlaffould be great!

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
Engine size does not matter much for the Chengines. Your 67cc uses the same ratio as mentioned in all the other oil ratio threads.
Oil brand/type, climate, load, jetting and the engine design itself makes more difference than the engine size in this case.
2.6 oz/gal is 50:1 - this would work with a broken in engine and a very good oil, but not necessarily low cost oil.
What brand is this Lowe's oil?

rmeloy34

Mar 26, 2009
Wallyworld Conn.
Engine size does not matter much for the Chengines. Your 67cc uses the same ratio as mentioned in all the other oil ratio threads.
Oil brand/type, climate, load, jetting and the engine design itself makes more difference than the engine size in this case.
2.6 oz/gal is 50:1 - this would work with a broken in engine and a very good oil, but not necessarily low cost oil.
So ... what you are telling me is that a 70cc is actually 67cc...GOT THAT:) so,im guessing the 80s are the same no? I simply want to know the correct mix so I dont have to guess anymore.
I am running the same type of chinese 2 stroke as most of the people here. Im not running 50/1 I run 32/1 because the guy that sold me the motor reccomended 30-35 after break in so I figure 32 is about right but that was specified for an 80 not a 70 are they the same motor? I wouldnt be surprised,ive been told they are.I dont know about this lowes oil,I dont trust anything that is a magic fix across the board,there is a reason for 32/1 and 4 0z/gal, if I cooked my motor with this oil on thier recommended mix you could bet they would be buying me a new one as thier misprinted bottle was being surgicaly removed from thier ummmm....shelf! LOL!
Thanx for the input,im still a bit confused Ill check the threads

rmeloy34

Mar 26, 2009
Wallyworld Conn.
ill check the threads,50 seems like way too little,Im still a bit confused

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
im using regular 2-stroke cheap oil for breakin.
i use 8oz oil : 1 gal of regular gas , no smoke at all
after breakin i will use cheap 2-stroke oil
at 6.4oz oil : 1 gal regular gas

edited:
my 48cc gas/oil ratio from my paper manual
18:1 during breakin
25:1 after 1gallon fuel breakin

Last edited:

rmeloy34

Mar 26, 2009
Wallyworld Conn.
8 oz/gal?? that is 16/1 am I correct?where did tou get that information? seems like alot,the instructions for the 80 are about 32/1 after break in...I am looking for someplace where it lists this 70cc motor and exactly the mix they call for....the following is cut and pasted from my manual...
The engine is a 2 cycle design, therefore, a gasoline/oil mixture is necessary. During the break-in period (1st gallon of
fuel), the ratio for 48cc is 25 parts gasoline to 1 part oil. Break in ratio for 80cc is 20 to 1. After the break-in period, the
ratio is increased to 30 to 35 parts gasoline to 1 part oil.
*NOTE: Use only Synthetic 2 Stroke Oil to insure proper engine lubrication. !

this is why I am confused...

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
i was going by the 80cc manual at gasbike.net:
Gas and Oil Mixture for Fuel ratio
The engine is a 2 cycle design, therefore, a gasoline/oil mixture is necessary. During the break-in period (1st 4 tanks of fuel), the ratio should be 16 to 20 parts gasoline to 1 part oil. After the break-in period, the ratio can be increased to 20 - 25 parts gasoline to 1 part oil. In hot climates or long trips use a rich oil mixture.
I built my bike using online and paper maual,but by mistake i used the online manual for gas/oil mixing.here is what my paper manual says:
The engine is a 2-cycle design,therefore a gasoline/oil mixture is necessary,during the breakin period(1st gallon of fuel)the ratio is 18:1.after breakin the ratio increase to 25:1

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
gas/oil mix ratios:
18:1 7.1oz oil/1 gal gas or 1.8oz oil/1 liter gas during breakin
20:1 6.4oz oil/1 gal gas or 1.6oz oil/1 liter gas reccomended ammount
25:1 5.1oz oil/1 gal gas or 1.3oz oil/1 liter gas after breakin

i am now going to start using 20:1 for the rest of my breakin and
25:1 after my breakin.

and i would only use Synthetic 2-stroke oil after breakin,remember the engine needs to wear in during breakin using regular 2-stroke oil.

Last edited:

rmeloy34

Mar 26, 2009
Wallyworld Conn.
gas/oil mix ratios:
18:1 7.1oz oil/1 gal gas or 1.8oz oil/1 liter gas during breakin
20:1 6.4oz oil/1 gal gas or 1.6oz oil/1 liter gas reccomended ammount
25:1 5.1oz oil/1 gal gas or 1.3oz oil/1 liter gas after breakin

i am now going to start using 20:1 for the rest of my breakin and
25:1 after my breakin.

and i would only use Synthetic 2-stroke oil after breakin,remember the engine needs to wear in during breakin using regular 2-stroke oil.
I have been trying this lucas semi synth at 32/1it seems a bit rich,smoking,leaking out and in general losing preformance,I was just about 8 miles from home with near empty tank so I borrowed 1/2 of gas and 2 nipper bottles of valvoline marine 2 stroke.(Yes a nipper holds 1.3 good to know when you want to carry)
anyway,I zipped home with excellent preformance. is this lucas oil just bad or is it a bad mix or what.
NO ONE SEEMS TO SAY I HAVE A 70 AND THIS IS WHAT IM USING AND IT WORKS GREAT,c'mon guys give it up,someone out there figured it out,Id be afraid to go lower than 32 normally mabey this lucas oil just dosnt burn through well.

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
Lucas isn't all that.

Depends on the oil.

I use 3.5 oz of Amsoil Dominator, with 0.5 oz Sig Castor oil. 4 oz of oil. 32:1. Runs great, smells good. 67cc engine with a few mods, and carb dialed in.