Bike Motor Kit Dot Com

GoldenMotor.com

dbledsoe

Apr 22, 2015
Boise
New to the forum. Anyone deal with bikemotorkit.com in MI? I ordered a kit from them last year. Couldn't get around to opening and attempting installation until this past weekend due to time spent taking care of my mother who recently passed away. So I finally unpack the kit and it is missing the gas tank, gas cap, and complete throttle assembly. That's a real setback! So I email them about the missing parts and have received no response. Are they credible? I am having my doubts. How does a company let a kit out the door missing significant parts? Very disappointed with this company.

Don

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Welcome to the forum...
Personally I've never dealt with them but if you need a tank or other parts there's always someone in here that can help you out since we do a lot of selling and trading etc... Have you tried calling them? a lot of times these type places won't bother to answer their emails since they get so many each day...

dbledsoe

Apr 22, 2015
Boise
Dave,

I did get an email reply from them today. They wanted to verify my engine serial number, which I did, and they told me I apparently only received one box when there should have been two boxes because all the parts I am missing come in box number two. Josh was very nice about the situation and said he would get the second box out to me. Can't wait to get the rest of the parts to finish my build. The kit is going into my son's Specialized mountain bike that has been hanging from the garage ceiling for the past ten years, a nice bike he no longer uses so thought I would put it to use.

Installed the engine in the frame, connected the muffler and carb, moved handlebar controls around to accommodate the clutch lever and throttle. Will install the clutch lever tomorrow and, hopefully, the new rear wheel sprocket, then it is wait for the gas tank and throttle to get here to finish it off. Grocery store i frequent is about 1.5 miles away so this should be good for the frequent trips I make there rather than firing up the Ford F-250 pickup..crt.

Don.

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Good to hear you got taken care of that quickly... a lot of vendors will usually miss an email unless they're right there checking it right when you send it. It's usually not intentional, they just get flooded with emails on a daily basis sometimes, but I'm glad to hear they took care of you.

dbledsoe

Apr 22, 2015
Boise
Dave,

I likely over reacted. I apologize for that. Being new to the bike motor world, though having a lot of not so good experience in on-line ordering in other trend worlds I.e., Porsche 914's, I find of late I tend to over reaction. My fault. Hope to see things are different in the bike motor world. I like what I see from BikeBerry. Ordered a few parts and they responded promptly and shipped my order the next day.

I am a mechanical junkie. No apologies for that.

Don

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
No problem... we all tend to get impatient when we order stuff and it's not in within a reasonable amount of time... like the guys who sell on ebay and offer expedited shipping, ya pay for the shipping to get it quicker then they wait 4 days before they ship, but they do send it priority when they ship etc... That kind of stuff drives me totally nuts too... or if the same thing happened to me where I only got part of tjhe shipment and the other part isn't here in a few days... It happens to all of us I'm sure...

I'm a mechanical junkie myself and I even opened up my own auto shop where I prefer to be sometimes instead of hanging out at home... lol... I've spent many week ends over here with just me in the shop and the doors shut so I can work my own projects...

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
I honestly don't mind waiting a little while for the parts to arrive. Seems to slow down this crazy world we live in. Also, it gives me a bit of 'zen' time to just stare at the bike and listen for its needs.

Best of luck in your build! I also like y'alls blue football field........bld.

dbledsoe

Apr 22, 2015
Boise
Xseler,

At my age, waiting is not a zen thing. It is a matter of priority. 40 years ago I was as patience as you. Not so today.

Don

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Xseler,

At my age, waiting is not a zen thing. It is a matter of priority. 40 years ago I was as patience as you. Not so today.

Don

I'm a 'card carrying' AARP member...........in body only! I think my mind-set is the reverse of yours --- couldn't wait an extra second when I was younger.

Que sara, sara...I seem to remember.

dbledsoe

Apr 22, 2015
Boise
Bravo! Except the aarp thing. I don't hate much but I do hate aarp.

Be that as it may, my hat is off to you for your patience. I can learn from you, and I am open to learning.

Don

dbledsoe

Apr 22, 2015
Boise
Yea, well you're gonna have to provide a link sincse and an old guy like me can't find the thread... imagine that.

dbledsoe

Apr 22, 2015
Boise
Ordered a gas bike dot net aluminum frame (with built in aluminum gas tank). It will be my second build. It will take some time. Bought wheels from Sportsman tonight. Will see where this next build leads me.

My thanks to all who have helped with advice. I am learning.

Don

dbledsoe

Apr 22, 2015
Boise
OK, so I built my first gas bike, and rode it. Am now starting on my second build based on the Skyhawk GT2-A frame. I received the frame last week from gas bike.net and this week received the springer forks from Bike Berry. Now I need to mate the two but things aren't quite working out. The GT2A frame has a much different (larger) bearing diameter than the springer forks (I bought from Bike Berry). Any suggestions for suitable bearing races or adapters to mate the two? Any help is appreciated.

Don

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
You may need to look for the head tube adapters on some of these vendor's sites and ebay... I've seen them around fairly often but not exactly sure who has them...

dbledsoe

Apr 22, 2015
Boise
You may need to look for the head tube adapters on some of these vendor's sites and ebay... I've seen them around fairly often but not exactly sure who has them...
Dave,

Will do. My search begins. Received the frame and springer forks. Will take the frame to the local powder coating place next Monday. Looking to paint it gloss OD green as Harley used on their early bikes.

Went for a ride this evening on the first gas bike build. It's not comfortable, seat wise, but very invigorating. It turns heads wherever I go. People are curious and want to know about it and where they can get one.r.ly.

Don

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Yup... these things will get you a LOT of attention wherever you go whether it's to the corner store or to a bike rally, be ready to answer a lot of questions and get a lot of people wanting to take pics of your ride.
I've had several customers see mine and ask if they can get a closer look or take pics of it and they always ask me where I got it, is it for sale? and Can you build one for me if I bring you a bike? etc etc.. it's a lot of fun everywhere I go on it.

dbledsoe

Apr 22, 2015
Boise
Dave,

Took a giant leap of faith yesterday and applied for an Idaho retail sales permit as Boise Gas Bikes. Then went with go daddy to get a web site as boisegasbikes.com. No web site yet, I will need help constructing it.

There is little help here in Boise for folks looking to build or buy a gas powered bicycle. Figure it's a gap I might fill. Start out directing folks as to how to build a gas bike then maybe, eventually, offer to build on their bikes, or custom builds at their request/direction. I'm retired so have time to do something to help other folks get into gas bikes. Maybe it'll take off, maybe it won't. Doesn't really matter to me. I just hope to provide a local place folks can go to get information... something I could not find here. Most bike shops around here are shops owned or staffed by fitness snobs who could care less about those of us who might like to bike with a bit of assist. I'm a retired mechanical engineer that has worked on airplanes, motorcycles, and race cars all my life. I think I can deal with bicycles. Will see where it goes. I'm hoping my second build will be the showcase of my talent to draw would be customers in.

Don