Steel frame motorized bike basics in a second

GoldenMotor.com

BOYGOFAST

Sep 28, 2013
Citrus Springs Fl.
No boxcar you don't understand much of anything correctly, nor do one too many of those posting replies for some reason. When I point out that the antique bicycle I'm presenting is limited to what can be attached and why you don't understand why ? Some have concluded that professionals building cars and bicycles with engines can present the duplication of a motorcycle built out of a bicycle without being questioned. And larger projects boast much more suspension and engine size on 10 lb bicycle frame no way it's possible and end up with anything fit to ride anywhere anytime ..

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
So why didn't you say some of that in the first place,you expect people to be mind readers and know what is floating around in your head. You put down short term jabber and expect people to understand? ..............Curt

BOYGOFAST

Sep 28, 2013
Citrus Springs Fl.
No mapbike you don't understand anything I'd mentioned about those hosting bicycle frames presented as if they are custom builds form professionals. A bicycle frame most are 10 lbs or less in total will not support 300 plus lbs as implied from more than a busload of people claiming they will that's all.

boxcar

Dec 18, 2014
Astoria OR
I wouldn't recommend extending that argument to far.
The weight has very little to do with the structural rigidity / integrity or load carrying characteristics of a given design.
The fact that a design is old has nothing to do with structural rigidity / integrity or load carrying characteristics of a given design.
In point of fact the opposite is true....
Garry Fisher and his friends discovered this in the early 80's when he started the mountain bike craze....Old frame designs weren't designed for the loads he was asking them to accept.
Engineering has come a long ways in 85 years.
Tig welded frames using modern alloys and taper'd tubing are able to support the loads you describe while a lugged and brazed frame may not.......
This by no means describes many low buck box store bikes.
Your blanket statement :

A bicycle frame most are 10 lbs or less in total will not support 300 plus lbs as implied from more than a busload of people claiming they will that's all.
You have kind of painted yourself in to a corner here by not using words like ( some , or many ) You imply that all bike frames are unable to carry sed loads.

You sir, are wrong............

Last edited:

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
OK, So it's hard to understand what he's trying to get across. BUT, What I've been trying to figure out is why would he use a well known suppliers name for his avatar name? C'mon, Boygofast is the guy everyone hears about first. Now I THINK Rick changed it to Boygo"ES"fast a while back, But still, Why would ya use somebody else's name? I kinda think if a name is already in use, The Mods should politly ask you to pick another one.
fatdaddy.usflg

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
No boxcar you don't understand much of anything correctly, nor do one too many of those posting replies for some reason. When I point out that the antique bicycle I'm presenting is limited to what can be attached and why you don't understand why ? Some have concluded that professionals building cars and bicycles with engines can present the duplication of a motorcycle built out of a bicycle without being questioned. And larger projects boast much more suspension and engine size on 10 lb bicycle frame no way it's possible and end up with anything fit to ride anywhere anytime ..
So you come to this forum with a thrown together motorized bicycle and bash the motorized bicyclesthe rest of us have built, man you are either clueless, trying to start trouble or out of your right mind.......lol

If you dont like seeing people build motorized bikes then move along down the road is my suggestion because thats what we do here.

Again your point is pointless and just very agrivatting.....we all know we aren't building motorcycles here, but in case you didnt know, the first motorcycles were motorized bicycles....

Many of us try to advise people to do certain things to make their bike as safe as possible but since we're all free to build our bikes as we wish, we just all do the best we can and enjoy the hobby.

honestly, based on the bike you show in your videos, its obvious that you aren't an expert builder so I dont understand what points you feel you are qulified to make here.....

.bf.

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
Yeah Map, I saw his video and as far as I can tell Aint NOTHIN special about his build. The same thing we see with every newb that throws one together. And he obviously knows nothing about frame tech now days. BUT, YA KNOW WHAT, I DONT CARE!!! I'm through wasting my time on a thread going nowhere.
fatdaddy.usflg

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Yeah Map, I saw his video and as far as I can tell Aint NOTHIN special about his build. The same thing we see with every newb that throws one together. And he obviously knows nothing about frame tech now days. BUT, YA KNOW WHAT, I DONT CARE!!! I'm through wasting my time on a thread going nowhere.
fatdaddy.usflg
Well, I dont honestly fault the guy or his bike in any way, I dont do high end builds myself, but anyway who cares at this point about any of it, Im with you and will not waste anymore time here either....

I wish all the best with their builds and hope they stay safe and happy with whatever they do....

Peace to all and Im done here in this one.

Map