100:1 Mix

GoldenMotor.com

Flyman

Nov 28, 2014
Vian Oklahoma
Bud READ, READ, my past post before you jump me.I never said you can't I never said you should not.
I simply ask a question as to why would you want to use less lubrication
in your engine?SHOW me where your quote (You keep saying that people come on here and try to shove stuff on us)
Get your facts right & post a quote to where I said any of that)

Is it because you want a cleaner engine?You are not going to get any more
performance. I also went on to say these synthetic oils to day burn very clean
mix 25-1 30-1 as is.The funny thing is when I was in the racing kart business
I was a Amzoil dealer.I also sold Klotz & a number of racing oils.

When Amzoil came out with there 100 to 1 back then & just wanted to see if
it would indeed work.But as I have said also in the post above Kart engine run
on 20-1.So I mixed the 100-1 Amzoil 50-1 & planed on working up from there.

But even mixed at 50-1 the motor stuck.I had run that engine before & there was
noting wrong with it.One of the post above hit the nail on the head in saying different
engines require different ratios.Why do you think Amzoil makes so many different oils.

I just reported my testing with it.If it works for you great.But for me I want the exstra
lubricationI like Bel-Ray also & they have a 100-1 oil.But I,m using there H1-R racing oil.

You guys run what you like, to each his own.
Fly my last reply on this tread

Last edited:

apex

Aug 27, 2013
indy
I once was
a Amzoil dealer.I also raced Karts.Amzoil came out with there 100 to 1
oil.

In racing kart engines they run 20 to 1 & if you try to go much above that
watch out (ask me why).Well I was scared to run 100 to 1 so I mixed it
50to 1.Guess what, the engine stuck after lap two.
So you doubled the oil content for a fuel mix?

Anybody that knows two strokes knows that by doing so, you altered the AFR ratio, and thus altered it to the lean side, which is bad.

II'm sure your going to tell us that you accounted for that with hours of plug-chops and adjustments, but your statement about "2 laps" tells us that's not the case.

FYI, I put approximately 1,200 (70% of commute @ wot) on my first China girl this year. Broke in with opti2, and has never seen anything but recommended oil ratios

Last edited:

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
I don't really care what ratio anyone runs in their china girls............I'm happy with what I do!

Don't rain on my parade.........my umbrella leaks.

apex

Aug 27, 2013
indy
HEY FOOL, I also said kart engines run on 20 to 1 if you are as stupid
as your post the 6.3 oz per gal.Look it up 100-1 is less than 1.5oz per gal.

Lord forbid Fly
So what oil ratio was the carb jetted for? A 20:1 mix? Or a 100:1 mix?

Did you do any plug-chops/rejetting before you put it on the track?

Changing the oil mix alters the fuel ratio. You can't just decide at to change oil ratio without adjusting for fuel ratio changes.

Since you race, you know this, of course.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Gosh ever time I change the oil on one of my cars I think wow 3000 miles already. Here is the funny one the average China 2smoke seams last just about that long.lafflaff

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
This thread has been going for a long time. There will always be disagreements but if you can't keep it civil, ignore the thread and move along. Disrespectful comments to others will not be tolerated.

If you don't want to use the product in question, that's fine. That's your decision but don't berate others for theirs.

Tom

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
This is not a "Ray's everything you ever needed to know about oil thread" Just trying to make some friendly conversation on the subject and stating my own personal results with the topic at hand. Nothing to get excited about. My neighbor says I drink skunk beer (Bud Light) and I say the same about his off the wall imports. Just a couple friendly neighbors with a difference of opinion. I can talk till I am blue in the face about why I think Bud Light is the best, but you are more then welcome to take that opinion and laugh at it till you are blue in the face. No harm done...just friendly banter on a subject with very many varying opinions.

Same goes for this thread. Everyone has an experience to report and an opinion. Nice thing is that you didn't have to pay a dime for the story or opinion.

Ray

woogie_man

Aug 9, 2013
Fargo, ND
Well said Ray.

And I want jumping on you fly....Just going over what was already done.

If it works for you, then don't screw with it.....but don't get upset when people have a different opinion or want to try something you wouldn't. It isn't anyone's time, money, or effort....other than the one doing it. So no need to get upset or anything

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
This thread has been going for a long time. There will always be disagreements but if you can't keep it civil, ignore the thread and move along. Disrespectful comments to others will not be tolerated.

If you don't want to use the product in question, that's fine. That's your decision but don't berate others for theirs.

Tom
Fully Agreed...

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
It is funny how some get so bent out of shape over this topic....LOL

My bikes, all my chainsaws, and a small 2 smoker garden tiller run great on Opti2 mixed at 100:1.

Do I think its the very best oil and the one everyone should use for every application..? NO....!

All I know is that so far it has given me good service with my engines and so I continue to use it and like the way it works in my engines.

If I were running very high performance very high revving 2 smokers I wouldnt be using Opti2 @ 100:1 most likely, I'd be using I very high grade oil at the manufacturers recommended mix ratio.

None of my comments about Opti2 are meant to say that its the way to go for everyone or everything, I just speak of my personal experiences and tell my story and results, take it or leave it ... Shrug

Peace, Map

dnut

Last edited:

Barnfresh

Sep 5, 2011
Nor-Cal
It is funny how some get so bent out of shape over this topic....LOL

No one is trying to force anything on anyone best I can tell and I agree with apex, my first thoughts after rereading some posts were, was the carb on that Kart rejetted for the 50:1 mix which would make the engine run way leaner than it had been running on the 20:1
Actually it's just the opposite. If you switch from 20:1 to 50:1 without rejecting the engine would run richer.

apex

Aug 27, 2013
indy
Correct.
But Fly didn't say what tthe carb was set for before he decided to change his mind and run a 50:1.

As I first read it, I thought it was setup for a 100:1 mix but he went 50:1
But he said it was setup for a 20:1 oil mix but he went with a 50:1 mix

Dispite the fact that he got all salty about anybody questioning his opinion, it really is too bad he lost a quality engine.

The simple fact is that opti2 oil works at these ratios that use to be considered crazy. That has been established time & time again.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Actually it's just the opposite. If you switch from 20:1 to 50:1 without rejecting the engine would run richer.
Sorry fellas I was tired and had a brain fart I guess..... dont know what I was thinking... these things happen when you're opporating on 30+ hours of working and being up without any sleep...LOL..!

I removed the incorrect part of that post.

Map

.duh.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Correct.
But Fly didn't say what tthe carb was set for before he decided to change his mind and run a 50:1.

As I first read it, I thought it was setup for a 100:1 mix but he went 50:1
But he said it was setup for a 20:1 oil mix but he went with a 50:1 mix

Dispite the fact that he got all salty about anybody questioning his opinion, it really is too bad he lost a quality engine.

The simple fact is that opti2 oil works at these ratios that use to be considered crazy. That has been established time & time again.
I agree, I dont understand why some wish to argue points that have been proven to be legit by many people over a good long period of time.

I remember reading that some rental businesses have been running Opti2 atr the 100:1 mix in all their 2 smoker machine for as much as 10 years without a single oil related failure.

How can one argue with those facts and say its a bad idea and doesn't work...?

Beats the heck outta me, hey.. we can believe what we want and run what we want and let the chips fall as they may, truly there is no harm and no foul in any of this as far as I'm concerned and its for sure nothing worth getting stroked out about.

If it works do it, if you trust it use it, if you dont then by all means DONT... its really that simple I think.

Peace, Map

.wee.