Greetings from Bremen, Germany.

GoldenMotor.com

Blunt Eversmoke

Jul 3, 2014
Bremen, Germany
Hi y'all. Actually, I've registered at this forum for the sake of answering on one thread only (the old one on compression ignition/diesel mopeds), but might just as well introduce myself.

My ride is a Chinese 50 (well, now 80 :p) ccm 4stroke scooter that, apart from tuning to run E85 ethanol fuel, is in need of general overhaul of fuel system (I HATE rust and gunk in the tank! And that with a passion!!!).

Not so much into motorized bicycles, I nonetheless might end up having to start tinkering around with them since my father, while living 30 km out into the countryside, is too much of a lazy sunnova to get himself a driving licence to commute to Bremen and back.
So I am contemplating the possibilities of restoring a MB with a puny 30 ccm Sachs one-gear engine (eats lotsa 2 stroke oil, is heavy and slow as ****, but I probably don't need to buy anything for it), strapping a scooter engine (of which I have one spare) and accompanying wiring (gonna cost me very little) to a bicycle, or going the electric route (fairly costly initially, but he could recharge at work).

Other than that,

I am a part-time's part time engine nut (largely theory, sadly) and like tinkering.

Should anyone need anything translated from (or to) Russian or German, be my guest.

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Howdy & welcome!!

Lots of good info/inspiration on this site. Best of luck on your 'potential' project!

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Welcome to the forum, Blunt Eversmoke!
I found your post in the diesel thread before I found this here thread. I like what that guy in Ukraine has done. I also would like to duplicate it as I have a junk Spree engine collecting spiders in my shed. My problem is I would like to do alot of things..... but time and $ are conspiring against me.

Again, welcome and I hope that you enjoy this forum!

Blunt Eversmoke

Jul 3, 2014
Bremen, Germany
Thanks for the welcoming,

we'll see how I fare. First things first - I gotta de-gunk and properly jet my own "Drunken Desaster" scoot :p 45 minutes to work by bicycle (unmotorized) are only fun if it ain't raining - and weather here in Bremen is wetter than in the reportedly oh so cloudy/foggy/rainy Great Britain. When working 12 hours per day, it ain't fun, like, AT ALL :D

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome to our community, Blunt. We're glad you've decided to join us. We have an international membership that we're proud of. Another member from Germany is most welcome.

Good luck with your project and keep us informed on your progress.

Tom