Motor bicycling waaaay South

GoldenMotor.com

el_yopo

Mar 15, 2013
Argentina
Hi all,
not only the new Pope is from Argentina. Me too!

Tired of driving to work and not wanting to have a second car for my wife, I put myself to the task of buying one of those cheap "StarFire"-like 2-strokes and mount it on one very old bike I had laying around.

Now poor ol' bike has parts from three generations and a brand new motor. I'm about to finish assembly and will give it a try during the weekend, I guess.

Given that cheap engine is the only thing I was able to put my hands on (imports in Argentina are getting harder and harder to get) I hope everything goes well. Not the best quality I've seen!!! Already found a couple of metal shaving inside the motor, after opening it up (voiding the 60-day guarantee in the process :)

All right, wish me luck and I'll see how it goes.

Cheers from the (now getting colder) South.

Alex

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome Alex. We're glad you've joined our little community. I think you're the first from your area. But we have members from about everywhere around the globe.

Have fun and ride safe.

Tom

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Welcome to the forum from Dallas, and good luck with you bike. Maybe the pope with come over and bless it for you.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
welcome elyopo. great to have you with us. you are even farther south then me. welcome to the word of motorized bicycle from the caribbean!

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
Welcome to the place with all the answers. If you're stuck on anything, a quick search here should find it for you, if not ask. Questions are usually effectively answered pretty quickly here.
That's pretty much the usual; void the warranty by cleaning out the motor, or need it because you didn't.

el_yopo

Mar 15, 2013
Argentina
Hi all, long time since my last post.

It tool me a while but finally I have a pic of the little Argentinian China girl.
I've been riding it about once a week to go back and forth from work, in this crazy town full of traffic.
I am fighting a air leak somewhere without much success, but it runs fine if I "tune it" with the choke half open.
Still in the final hours of burn-in, so I don't worry too much for now (I just try to patch here and there when I have the time).
Now I am about to replace teh spark plug with a NGK B7HS, the ignition cable and the plug boot (I, by chance, got a resistive one a.k.a. "supressive"). Would that be fine for our poor stock CDI?

Alex

Attachments