Need help with install

GoldenMotor.com

bstansbu

Dec 1, 2008
new mexico
Hey guys! Im a noob and have been lurking here a while. First off, i suck at mechanic stuff. So after about 1 month of fiddling around with my install, I need help now. The instructions as you all know that came with the kit, are horible. I am ready to install the clutch cable. Where do I connect it on the motor? Any one have good close up pics of where it goes and tips to install.

Also, I put my throttle on the right side, screwed it on, then screwed the end of throttle cable to the top of the carb. I tried to twist the throttle, but it does not twist at all. Any help with these last 2 things and I might finaly be riding this thing. please help guys.

Thanks!!

BEN

Attachments

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Did you get the throttle cable hooked into the slide and down inside the carb correctly?
You should be able to remove the slide/cable/spring assembly and operate the slide outside the carb.

Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
Hey guys! Im a noob and have been lurking here a while. First off, i suck at mechanic stuff. So after about 1 month of fiddling around with my install, I need help now. The instructions as you all know that came with the kit, are horible. I am ready to install the clutch cable. Where do I connect it on the motor? Any one have good close up pics of where it goes and tips to install.

Also, I put my throttle on the right side, screwed it on, then screwed the end of throttle cable to the top of the carb. I tried to twist the throttle, but it does not twist at all. Any help with these last 2 things and I might finaly be riding this thing. please help guys.

Thanks!!

BEN
Can you post a photo of the throttle?

Jim

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Looks like the clutch is hooked up correctly, if you have all the slack out of the cable....You REALLY dont need the second spring ( the one nearest the end ) just makes the pull harder......
Yes. my clutch works just fine....all I need is my pinkie finger to use the clutch.

bstansbu

Dec 1, 2008
new mexico
Sweet! thats what I needed, some good close up pics. I will try to get it set like yours. Do I need to take anything apart from the cable to get it to go through that first piece on the motor? Also, Looking at your pics and the way the clutch arm is set in relation to the chain, what position is the clutch lever on your handle bars set. Thanks again!

Ben

Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
Ben,

Do the two half casings for the throttle meet together flush?

On all of the kits we have installed there is a protrusion inside one of the two halves of the throttle casing. It is intended that you drill a hole in the handle bars so that the throttle locks in place. Otherwise the casing will stand off from the handlebar and cause the throttle to bind.

Jim

bstansbu

Dec 1, 2008
new mexico
Ben,

Do the two half casings for the throttle meet together flush?

On all of the kits we have installed there is a protrusion inside one of the two halves of the throttle casing. It is intended that you drill a hole in the handle bars so that the throttle locks in place. Otherwise the casing will stand off from the handlebar and cause the throttle to bind.

Jim

I got it to work, but I now see what you mean with the protrusion. i think i will take it off again and drill a hole so that it will seat flush. thanks jim!

Ok, clutch cable is installed now thanks to you guys. Whether it is working i do not know yet. Throttle also works I think. I am now trying to get the chain on. Its proving to be difficult.Small sproket on engine seems real close to engine, maybe not enough room for chain there. Ill do some searching on this site for propper way to put on chain.

Ben

Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
I got it to work, but I now see what you mean with the protrusion. i think i will take it off again and drill a hole so that it will seat flush. thanks jim!

Ok, clutch cable is installed now thanks to you guys. Whether it is working i do not know yet. Throttle also works I think. I am now trying to get the chain on. Its proving to be difficult.Small sproket on engine seems real close to engine, maybe not enough room for chain there. Ill do some searching on this site for propper way to put on chain.

Ben
Oh man!!!

You've got one of the "New" kits out of China!

I'm not sure what Hong Kong and the gang may have chaged in production; but the "sprocket too close to the engine casting" thing has been prevalent lately!

You will have to remove the sprocket and shim it.

Jim

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Sweet! thats what I needed, some good close up pics. I will try to get it set like yours. Do I need to take anything apart from the cable to get it to go through that first piece on the motor? Also, Looking at your pics and the way the clutch arm is set in relation to the chain, what position is the clutch lever on your handle bars set. Thanks again!

Ben
I read in your last post you got the cable hooked up
(^)

But I am unclear by your question "what position is the clutch lever on your handle bars set" ??