Friction wheels

GoldenMotor.com

2stroker

Apr 29, 2012
orlando
Does anyone know the best material for friction wheels? My friend has a steel roller i have a delrin roller. His grips better but tears up his tires. Mine slips a little more but wears down the drive wheel not the bike tire. Is there a happy medium?.bf.

2stroker

Apr 29, 2012
orlando
lol..Ya I bought a good tire with a flat surface that gives me a 1/8th in more rubber to burn through and its worked pretty good so far with the metal roller. It doesnt wear it down as much because its a harder rubber. I got a 13 gauge rim to so it doesn't bend when i disagree with the curbs..hehe

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I have only ever run a Bike Bug friction drive, and it never wore out the tire or roller. I guess I ran it several hundred miles over the course of a summer. It was no barn burner for power though.

The tire was a 2.25 road tread on a Next from wart mart.

2stroker

Apr 29, 2012
orlando
I rode a bike bug before i actually like it i thought it went pretty good for a 26cc engine. There getting 28mph outta their engines. Thats over a mph per cc. If the 40cc or 80cc were that efficient people would be getting hurt..I like those engines cause the design was so simple no clutch. it was easy as pie to install and i see my buddy riding his to work a few times week so i know they last. i gotta tanaka that i like ride that i built my self outta 15 year old engine with a hand balanced crank and the engine runs at 11,000rpms so it hauls butt..thats an understatement..lol..its probally the fasted kit out there. the 4 strokes run 5,000 rpms and some 2strokes run up to 7 but no other engine can touch this old school tanaka..it stinks they dont make these engines any more..i will take pics for ya guys..its impressive how the built these things.sounds like a airplane engine when it winds up!!!

2stroker

Apr 29, 2012
orlando
The bike bug uses delrin. My drive wheel last about a 1,000miles on that kit. I heard that another company based in florida builds there engines for em and they just put there own sticker on it. is that true? and who is the other company? Bike bug has been around since the 60's so those engines must be good for bike bug to sell them as a new and improved model. I bought one last year and its proven itself worthy in my book to be called a reliable kit!usflg