Guestimating my bike is saving me about $30 in gas a month

GoldenMotor.com

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
And here in Jacksonville- I can ride it most of the year- I generally go almost daily for cofee and have a front basket for some groceries there- I may use the car once or twice a week otherwise. I'm putting a dollar's worth of gas in the bike a little less than weekly I think- I'd probably be using about ten gallons extra a month in the car if not for the bike- and that's my tiny Ford Aspire in town.

So maybe I'm saving even a little more than $30, more when gas goes up again- I think I' maybe use a tenth as much on the bike as opposed to the car- most people would use an even greater ratio. So that's at least $360 in gas a year-

or TWO motor kits at todays shipping price-

And it's FUN.

Righteous!
.we.

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
My motor paid for itself in fuel savings within a month of hitting the road with it to commute to work. Then I built another one... and now I'm building another one..... (^)

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
I got this little 50 set up with 700C wheels and narrow tires- I can kill the motor and coast about two blocks once i'm up to speed- it's great. Really rolls!

Gonna put the 27 wheel and 34 sprock on the back of the other one soon-

dance1.xx.lowriderl

Attachments

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
When my son's car was rear-ended, we decided not to buy another one. he uses my car, I ride my bike. That saved over $5,000, not having to buy another car.. I travel 234 miles monthly to work. That's $52 for gas. Add $105 for parking, plus $100 for insurance, $24 for registration and safety inspection. Factor in $150 monthly for repairs.

That's $431 monthly savings, or $5172 yearly!