Stole one of my freakin` bikes

GoldenMotor.com

donb4103

Oct 7, 2011
Chickasha,Oklahoma
I had someone steal one of my bikes last night between 1:00 and 4:00 am. Had it loaded in the back of the truck with cable locks and tie downs. They had bolt cutters and sharp knives to get it fast. Nobody saw a damned thing! Got a police report filled out with serial number and pics of the bike. It was my very first 4 stroker bike. It was a new Micargi Rover GT. Out a lot of money if it don`t show up. It really sucks but I guess that`s life.

Attachments

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
Yeah, sorry to hear it, that's a nice looking bike. It might make it easier for people to spot for you though. Keep your hopes up, and paper the area with "Have you seen this bike?/Call ---" posters.

We got broken into a couple of years ago. Afterwards I found a Uniden 2-camera wireless security system on sale at CostCo for around $100 I think. I just had to find a place to plug the cameras in nearby, and they each came with a pretty long cord and an extension cord. It's receiver/screen is hooked up to a computer in the house, and software records video when the motion sensor on the camera is tripped. The cams are IR also, see well in the dark (the one on the side of the garage sees bats at night). I've added the other 2 cameras the system is capable of since. I can see who's at the door before leaving my chair. The doors of the house, the parking area and inside the garage are all covered now.

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Man that is a sweet looking bike. I am sooo sorry to hear that it was stolen from you!

Although it does not help now, I second the notion of security cameras.

mesmith

Jun 30, 2011
United States
Man ,that really stinks. Hope you get it back. I believe most of the time it is people that live pretty close to you that are the culprits..... Good Luck

maintenancenazi

Oct 22, 2011
Asheville
^^All of the above, plus I really REALLY hope the police can find your bike, and in original condition. The scum bags who stole it deserve nothing less than castration!!

diceman2004

Aug 26, 2009
Kitchener , Ontario
Man i know how ya feel ... had my licence plates stolen off my truck last week .

only cost me 20 bucks to replace the plates .

spent 40 bucks in gas driving around with my baseball bat trying to find the vehicle with my plates .

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
That sucks man, lots of other members including myself feel for you. I really hope that you get your bike back asap in the same condition. It is highly unlikely these are recovered once stolen, especially in a dense metropolitan area. You might have better luck if you live in a smaller town or rural area. Be sure to keep tabs on Craigslist and eBay for it. Next time you should store it indoors if you are able to.

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
My friend had a pair of custom cabinets loaded with Jensen TriAxials (this was back in the day) stolen out of his Firebird. He took to cruising around on his bike looking for them. Rode around the local neighborhoods. Months later he spied his speakers on top of a car blareing out music. Got got off his bike, pulled his sheath knife out, cut the wires then asked who's car it was. Everybody scattered. He rode home with his speakers.

Jumpa

Aug 12, 2011
Cape Cod
GODDAMN that pisses me off and no thats not life Thats some crack head or some other kind of addict that saw you put it in the truck I'd hate to tell you this but 9 out of ten times it is someone you know or that is close to you.

I would think of everyone that either helped you load it knows you have it stood around your truck long enough to see what you had it tied down with. How else would they know exactly what they need to get it free . It's someone that knows your schedule

. One more thing do not rely on the cops to find your bike because they wont they could drive right by it and chances are the cop out & about has no idea your bike is stolen . Walmart has these little wireless cameras that for under 80 bucks you can set up a nice camera that with minimal light you can see great up to 250' away & the sound quality is unbelievable it pics up conversations in my neighbors drive way that I couldn't hear if I was standing where my camera is mounted. This same camera is the one I have.

GE Jasco 45234 Wireless Color Security Camera - Knobs and Hardware

Walmart has it for $80 bucks. Do not buy the hand held monitor ,they stink & you cant see a thing on them. Camera hooks up to your TV so easily a 5 year old could do it . I hooked mine up through my DVD recorder then to my TV set I record 24/7 I changed my DVD's every 12 hours I keep 2weeks worth of discs then record over the 3rd week..

The wireless camera works up to 75' away from it's receiver however you will need a 110 volt plug for the camera itself If and when you mount it do it by yourself don't tell anyone unless they ask I tell everyone its one of those dummy cameras. If you catch the piece of **** that stole it do me a favor and blast him in the F$%^&*$ face with a baseball bat for me please!!

I take my bike in EVERY night. I have a Bait bike outside that my camera has been fixed on all summer but everyone in my neighbor hood knows all about my gun collections my pistols and how I hat a thief they also know I wouldn't hesitate to blow someones knee cap off if they tried to steal from me I wonder if that's why no one has stolen that bike yet .

They are disappearing all around me just not mine. They got my neighbors sons brand new bike twice in 6 months & he is just 5 houses down the road . This will be my 3rd winter with the same camera it has been through a lot and still is like the day we bought it . I'm just so impressed with the microphone like I said

Last edited:

maintenancenazi

Oct 22, 2011
Asheville
You also have to consider that around this time of year, ( holidays ) these people get even more desperate. That's not a good combination, low life humans meet desperation. It's those kind of people who are capable of ANYTHING!

Peace, James

atomic22

Oct 31, 2011
madison
Sorry for your loss
I would suggest checking local pawn shops and what not. Your bike is very unique so someone is going to know it if they see it. Maybe check CL.

nightcruiser

Mar 25, 2011
USA
Sorry you lost such a sweet bike, lets hope it was some local lowlife and it turns up riding around town. That's one thing about a bike like that, really easy to spot!
Security cameras are good, but I want hidden lojack gps locator for the bike... Someone needs to invent that, or even some sort of transmittor receiver setup you could drive around with and listen for a signal....