Just Finished My First!

GoldenMotor.com

micrcomm

Oct 3, 2010
San DIego, CA
Its Sunday and I just finished installing my first kit onto a cannondale f9 (guy who sold me the kit said it wouldnt mount on my bike) on Thursday night. Test rode it to work the next morning at 5:50 am because I was running late and missed the trolley. I wasnt late.

So, I am new to this and don't join forums but I love this bike and need to learn all about them! I had to do some mods to fit the motor on and have some questions about California laws on these things. I'll post a picture of it in a few minutes.

-Ryan in San Diego

http://motorbicycling.com/images/smilies/brnot.gif

Attachments

micrcomm

Oct 3, 2010
San DIego, CA
Thank you. Yeah, I had to modify the collar as well as the down tube mounting. And I have to re-modify it numerous times ... I think I have finally got it pretty close. It gets me off to work every morning without fail but I am having some problems with the idle: it rapidly increases when I engage the clutch. Idle adjust screw or accelerator adjust don't seem to be solution. Any advice is welcome. Thanks

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
I am having some problems with the idle: it rapidly increases when I engage the clutch. Idle adjust screw or accelerator adjust don't seem to be solution. Any advice is welcome. Thanks
You have an air leak where the carb goes on the intake or at the barrell

and have some questions about California laws on these things
You need a drivers license with a M2 or M1 endorsement
and you need to wear a DOT helmet.
Also get the moped license plate for $19

Last edited:

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
First of all, welcome to the forum Ryan....you've come to the right place. Nice looking first build, looks like a tight fit alright.

As BiMoPed suggested, it does sound like an air leak....best to fix it before you fry a piston or something. If you ever wanna go on a ride, check the Events forum or PM me....I ride everyday in this town we call home. Cheers!dnut.wee.