Mega Motor 1St timer

GoldenMotor.com

Msrubin1261

Apr 3, 2014
Melrose Pk, IL
Just ordered my first 48cc kit to put on my Diamondback mountain bike. Very short commute to work everyday and getting to old to pedal all the time. Guess i shoulda checked this site out before the purchase cause it sounds like I could have done a bit better on the hardware side. But for the price I think I'll be okay. Im an HVAC tech by trade and pretty sure I can handle the build pretty easily so I just hope the fun is in the near future. I'll continue to learn from this site and keep you posted with the results. dance1

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome to the forum. It isn't too late. You'll find lots of helpful advice here if and when you need it. You have a few fellow Illinois builders/riders here. I'm sure they'll check in with you. Keep us informed of your progress.

There are also a few air conditioning guys. Smart bunch. They have to be to do the job :)

Good luck, have fun and ride safe.

Tom

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
As an HVAC tech, you'll surely have the skills you need to maintain one of these bikes.

And don't let the two strokes reputation for poor quality spook you. It's true that they're not Rolls-Royce engines. But they're still very easy to love. And dirt cheap.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
welcome, I think the diamondback will make a fine looking motorized bicycle. they are built strong and ride nice

Msrubin1261

Apr 3, 2014
Melrose Pk, IL
Just got the kit yesterday and installed the sprocket last night. I posted a new thread on the Mechanical Components/Wheels thread regarding this portion of the install. If you get a moment check it out and give feedback if you have any. Felt like a kid with a shiny new toy last night. Pictures to follow soon!

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Welcome to the forum. A cheaper kit isn't always a better deal. Post pics when you can.

Msrubin1261

Apr 3, 2014
Melrose Pk, IL
Thanks Wheel, but cash is a bit of an issue right now so it is what it is. But I'm also a firm believer in Installation is key. I see expensive high end equipment installed poorly all the time and it creates problems from day one while other lower end "value" products installed with care and technical accuracy last well beyond expectations with little or no problems.

Msrubin1261

Apr 3, 2014
Melrose Pk, IL
Mostly Finished just need to button up a few things. Have to say really wish I had the extra money at the time to purchase a bit more quality but it is what it is. Parts short from original shipment from Bike berry(SPARK PLUG!!!, in-take manifold and gasket). Factory shipped with loose head bolts which I didnt realize till I burnt the gasket up. Just ordered a new one. Over all came out pretty clean and I'm hoping i wont have to ride up and down the block a couple times to get her started once break-in is complete. Thinking about an expansion chamber maybe that'll help too.

Attachments

SuperDave

Sep 24, 2011
Panama City Beach, Fl. USA
Give it a chance to break in before you start throwing GoFast goodies at it. As the rings settle in, it will produce more and more power. You will find more speed & acceleration available by the time you get to your 6th tankful of fuel. Otherwise, you risk burning up the motor & shortening its lifespan.