a video of my bike

GoldenMotor.com

dodge dude94

Jun 8, 2012
East Texas
Sounds like you've got a small air leak judging by how long it takes it idle down. The fuel leak may be coming from your line, looks like a low quality line. As for being broken in, how many miles do you have on it?

Should be able to mount an expansion pipe on it, might require fitting tho. Over all, nice looking build. If you haven't already, get an NGK spark plug and replace the wire on the CDI box with an automotive wire and cut it as short as possible. By having a shorter wire, the ignition signal to the plug is stronger.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Tighten the gold colored bolt and see if that will stop the slight leak you have around those red colored gaskets.

the SBP expansion exhaust is the best bang for the buck IMHO, Pablo still has them on sale here: http://www.sickbikeparts.com/catalo...ducts_id=83&osCsid=b2hfqf25avpd5vbr6sa3c5t053

There's more than one way to set this up on your bike, it can be an under type setup or an up high set up, I like the up high way, pipe comes with silicone tubing to join the pipes togethers and that works fine for a while, I prefer a more rigid set up that I dont have to worry about burning out or breaking loose.

I have use one of two methods for assembling the exhaust on my bikes, first was a simple but great easy cheap way, I cut top and bottom off a beer or soda pop can, then with scissors split it so that it becomes a piece of thin aluminum flashing/sheeting, get two hose clamps, slide them onto each pipe to be joined together then wrap the aluminum multiple times around where the two pipes meet, slide clamps over outter ends of where the flashing is wrapped over pipe and then tighten clamps down on each end of where the flashing is wrapped around the pipe, this makes a strong durable joint between the exhaust pipes and wont come loose or burn out as long as expansion chamber is mounted securely to bike so it cant bounce around and pull on the jointed area.

Second, way I use and have it currently done on my Huffy Karaoke bike is by using copper tubing fittingsthat just press into each other, I put clamps and a spring to hold one of the main joints together as you will see in the pix I included here, last pic is with SBP pipe on the Kulana bike using the silicone tubing which was later replaced with the soda pop/beer/Coke can, wrapped as I described above.

HuffyDavidson has some pix he has posted before of his done with the beer can wrap and clamp technique, it works great and is very easy and inexpensive way to set it up.

Hope this helps ya out buddy.

Map

motorized kodiak

Aug 3, 2013
australia
thanks for the input mate, its realy tight already, i dont think its the problem , i have a good feeling its my fuel line leaking down the carb as doge dude said, recently my engine started bogging alot, like after 10 seconds of full throttle it just stops burning fuel and then starts again then eventually turns off, why could this be? i did fill it up with a 40:1 mixture of this realy high performance oil, could that be why?

motorized kodiak

Aug 3, 2013
australia
i just took off the fuel line and filter and drained my fuel, going to get new fuel line and a new filter and normal fuel and see how it goes,it actully didnt start with me :/

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
If you have good fuel flow from tank through line to carb, I would say there are two possible causes for the engine starving of fuel, either the shut off valve that is on the speed carb is plugged up slightly or the float level in the carb is set to low and at high rpms float bowl is being refilled to slowly from supply.

You might turn tank valve to off position and then remove the gold colored bolt that attaches shut off valve to carb and check to make sure there isn't something in that area causing restriction of fuel flowing into carb, if that all looks good and is clear, I would bend tab on carb float so that the fuel level in the bowl will rise a little and then give it a test runn and see how it does.

Best wishes and hope you get it worked out soon.

Map reddd

motorized kodiak

Aug 3, 2013
australia
on my bike when i am going full throttle over a speed bump, as i go over the start of it the bike boggs down then it starts burning again, how can i fix this? i think it happens because of the slight incline of the speed bump, but it shouldnt make my bike bog.