Bad ass spray paint!!!!!

GoldenMotor.com

shwnrttr

Dec 2, 2009
titusville, florida
i just noticed they have a all in one can, but i doubt it would look as good. buying all seperate cans. but if anyone has tried it feel free to chime in.im curious

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
If it's just a matter of spraying it on out of one can, then that's pretty cool.

Something tells me it probably won't hold up to gas spills very well though. Does anyone know about that?

JonnyR

May 13, 2012
ronkonkoma, new york
if it dosent say its rated for gas and oil you need a clear that is i have a auto body background so i know alot about paint and clear and everything that goes under it

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
if it dosent say its rated for gas and oil you need a clear that is i have a auto body background so i know alot about paint and clear and everything that goes under it
Oh I see. That doesn't sound too bad.

thegnu

Sep 15, 2011
freedom pa
I agree with Jonnyr unless their clears are catalyzed polyurethane or acrylic dont trust it , but back in the day high quality laquer colors an clears were an air dry product an they resisted fuels an oils .
Gary

JonnyR

May 13, 2012
ronkonkoma, new york
if you want ultra paint imron it normal people cant buy it because you NEED a spray booth and training now to be sold it because if you breath it it hardens in your lungs forever nasty stuff but will look exactly the same as the day you spray it for 20+ years and is almost as hard as powder coating

thegnu

Sep 15, 2011
freedom pa
Jonny , basf quit making the imron line long ago best stuff out there available from basf is diamont or glasurit .....an those are on there way out waterborne colors are comming though .my garage is getting ready to make the switch an not looking forward to doing so going to have to replace my airsystem or add a new systen for my paint room since waterbornes are very moisture sensitive .
Gary

SCHMEEL

Jun 7, 2012
Columbia City, IN
I've used it on my motorcycle, "custard pie candy" out of can. Sprayed it over a gold base. No complaints here. It is out of England I do believe, has nothing to do with Ed Roth

JonnyR

May 13, 2012
ronkonkoma, new york
Jonny , basf quit making the imron line long ago best stuff out there available from basf is diamont or glasurit .....an those are on there way out waterborne colors are comming though .my garage is getting ready to make the switch an not looking forward to doing so going to have to replace my airsystem or add a new systen for my paint room since waterbornes are very moisture sensitive .
Gary
its a dupont paint now and you cant have any unless you are certified for it its nasty stuff my teacher when i was in tech school used it on his boat almost 15 years ago i saw him with it last year and not a scratch and no fade i asked him if he repainted nope and it gets harder as years go past

RusticoRay

Oct 3, 2009
6mi. from the Old North Bridge
Local auto paint supply has it for 21.00. Its for automotive panel repairs, drys hard as nails. If I spend the time to prep a complete bike it s well worth the price. **** two packs of butts and a coffee or two covers that. Remember it has catalyst in the bottom to get activated and also has a spray adjustment nozzle. If there wasn't so many regulations on that material it would be five bucks a can. Peace Ray