Noob attempts a Felt MP build: Have mercy on me.

GoldenMotor.com

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
What fell or broke off due to vibration: Front fender and headlight.

Adjusted valves and added a AGK .457 big bore carb. Added .30 cal ammo cans and dropped battery pack for rear hub in one of them. Engine is much quieter since valves were adjusted but still moped loud.

Last edited:

cmanns

Jul 1, 2012
Santa Cruz, California
Thanks man. Huasheng 49cc gas motor and a Cystalyte HS3540 in the rear wheel. They can work together or separately depending on what you wanna do or how steep a hill you're climbing.
Oh **** and does it regen on normal accel?

Go on if so, I plan to add a generator to my 2 stroke setup and batteries and maybe EFI it before I go 2 stroke, so then I'd already have the electrical setup when I can afford a 4 stroke kit.

So that wheel, on regular accel gens power, then you use its generation to batteries to power up hills when the 49cc can't.

Am I correct? if so man I wish I could pay you money for giving me this idea, this is exactly how i want my bike except I want dual of the above (AWD electric)
xct2
Also sure thanks but don't think I'm just saying that, the pain job, the work you did for our military look. I appreciate even though I'm not a military personel I lived with Marines and I love anything military respecting. So besides your epic engine setup, the bike is just gorgeous man seriously, nearly a tear in my eye like stephen colbert would say in a serious way man.

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Oh **** and does it regen on normal accel?

Go on if so, I plan to add a generator to my 2 stroke setup and batteries and maybe EFI it before I go 2 stroke, so then I'd already have the electrical setup when I can afford a 4 stroke kit.

So that wheel, on regular accel gens power, then you use its generation to batteries to power up hills when the 49cc can't.

Am I correct? if so man I wish I could pay you money for giving me this idea, this is exactly how i want my bike except I want dual of the above (AWD electric)
xct2
Also sure thanks but don't think I'm just saying that, the pain job, the work you did for our military look. I appreciate even though I'm not a military personel I lived with Marines and I love anything military respecting. So besides your epic engine setup, the bike is just gorgeous man seriously, nearly a tear in my eye like stephen colbert would say in a serious way man.
LOL Don't you and I wish that was the case?? Unfortunately it don't work like that. I wish it did but it don't. Any "regen" ability is miniscule and you still need to recharge the batteries by plugging it in. I do use both engines to climb steep hills and for bursts of speed from a dead stop, then I continue on my way on just the gas engine cause it's range is 5x greater than the batteries range.

cmanns

Jul 1, 2012
Santa Cruz, California
LOL Don't you and I wish that was the case?? Unfortunately it don't work like that. I wish it did but it don't. Any "regen" ability is miniscule and you still need to recharge the batteries by plugging it in. I do use both engines to climb steep hills and for bursts of speed from a dead stop, then I continue on my way on just the gas engine cause it's range is 5x greater than the batteries range.
Man thats almost exactly what I planned. You need to run a diff motor with high output alternator so your bursts from a stop are ran from the alternator, thats my plans. I have none of the parts yet to start puting it together though yet, focusing on going from a 33cc 2 smoker to a nice 49 cc 4 stroke honda clone so I can run a rev meter and EFI

Then I will focus on charging.

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Man thats almost exactly what I planned. You need to run a diff motor with high output alternator so your bursts from a stop are ran from the alternator, thats my plans. I have none of the parts yet to start puting it together though yet, focusing on going from a 33cc 2 smoker to a nice 49 cc 4 stroke honda clone so I can run a rev meter and EFI

Then I will focus on charging.
Now you've gone over my head. Show me how it's done Obi-wan! Seems like you got it all figured out. LOL

WightBoy

Aug 30, 2012
Michigan, USA
I don't know what kit cmanns is referring to but I have seen a few electronic fuel injection kits for small 4 strokes and I think it offers the ability to set a rev limiter (don't quote me on this part). The problem would be charging the battery and shy of using the HS144 with the generator I don't know how one would keep the battery charged.

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
I don't know what kit cmanns is referring to but I have seen a few electronic fuel injection kits for small 4 strokes and I think it offers the ability to set a rev limiter (don't quote me on this part). The problem would be charging the battery and shy of using the HS144 with the generator I don't know how one would keep the battery charged.
In the front black box on my bike is a 12v LiFePo4 motorcycle battery. It's unphased by any kind of load on it. I only have to recharge it about once a week and I ride at night a lot and it powers a 20 watt front LED headlight.

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
These are the last pics of this bike for posterity. I done did all I could do and I'm done. I learned alot and it was a labor of love and hate but mostly love. Top speed is a molar rattling 40 MPH and it can climb anything when the gas engine is combined with the 1900 watt electric hub. The gas and electric can be operated together or independent of one another. It doesn't matter. Total mileage on this thing is around 900. Who says nothing is Made in America (with Chinese parts) anymore? .flg.

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Awesome Job Mike!
Thanks Dan. My work is complete on this bike, other than a license plate frame I'm waiting for. It's been a long road but everything is now working and all nuts and bolts are loctited down and the headlight has been reattached for good this time. Stick a fork in it cause it's done. .shft.