finally, a new project....

GoldenMotor.com

halfevil333

May 18, 2010
florida, USA
so, unfortunately not a whole lot of progress made this week, I've got some family in town and suddenly more house chores than I care to think of. Gotta love how family shows up and starts brainstorming with the ol' lady to keep me busy at home, instead of running of to the garage for any fabrication time...

however, I did manage to whip up these lil' brace/connector thingies to strengthen the joint between frames...and also finish the curved lines of the old wheel stays/ new support bar.

Attachments

Last edited:

halfevil333

May 18, 2010
florida, USA
...this is its guts, and with some very simple re-wiring, it should work great!
I plan on switching the trigger switch for a simple toggle...maybe one that looks all fancy like the arming switch on a fighter plane...saw 'em at H.F. as well..

Attachments

halfevil333

May 18, 2010
florida, USA
...and THIS is the uber-cool bronze light housing I will be installing it in.
yay for cool moms that score you weird stuff to use on your projects!! ...she scored me THREE of these bad boys!
there is enough room in here I may even score another spotlight and try to splice the chrome reflectors together for dual light inside there...this way you can switch between the two for extended battery time, or REALLY bright light(high beams :) )

Attachments

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Interesting work on the headlamp, half!
I'll bet it comes out great!

...way back when, mickey-D's ran the hamburglar promo and passed out a gazillion black mask sticker things... a fellow I knew of ended up with them stuck all over his automobile. lol and HE did it!
(he didn't last long.)

Aside from the frivolous cartoon character, just the mask logo could be used repetitively in a paint scheme for the halfbike???

and the painters... I'm looking at an empty M&M package here on the table...
Lot's of color, and visual impact.
perhaps not for the halfbike style, but has anyone done a polka dot painted motorized bicycle?

Best
rc

halfevil333

May 18, 2010
florida, USA
...so what?
like a screwy vuitton wallet, but all burglar masks instead of the LV? ...could mesh up the pattern and do the mask and lil' burglar silhouettes, n cant forget the gold leaf arches!!
I'd pee myself laughing, I think!

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
It has great lines, half! ..swoopy!

lol
Guess I'm not EVEN gonna be able to sell this crowd on mini-me semi-evil polka dots.
Mutated polka dots with laser beams???
lol

anyhow, looks good. I like a longer low frame.
rc

halfevil333

May 18, 2010
florida, USA
Thanks, I was aiming for the 51" wheelbase, but overshot by two...
Don't think I was counting on the forward linkage on the forks at first...I do believe she'll handle super smooth now though! ...I'm tired of hunching over w/my arse hanging off the seat when I'm zooming..

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
"I love work especially when I AM WATCHING SOMEONE ELSE DO IT !
*************** "

lol

I have worked on projects from freeways to wood sheds, behemoth Bessemer-Cooper stationary engines to tiny Cox TD .010's.

Without doubt, the most personal satisfaction I have EVER seen exhibited was by a pair of engineers who had designed an oilfield booster pump we installed in a pipeline transfer station. They came to our remote location, from their corporate office, to be present when it was put online.
They spoke not a word with any of us workmen, but there was an extreme dialogue between them as valves were opened, power was applied and the gages were observed indicating flow.
One was a slip-stick man, the other had a 'new-fangled scientific calculator'. They worked them furiously, excitedly discussing calculations back and forth, as the moment approached...

When the gages came to verify expectations of their design work, the pair of them were ecstatic! I don't think I have ever seen a happier pair in my entire life!

It's been almost 40 years since then and I still recall them clearly! Beaming as though they were floating on a cloud! lol

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
and here's a teaser of how she'll look...
Now I know what it brings to mind: 'Chitty-Chitty-Bang-Bang'.
It has the Turn-of-the Century, Jules Vern, baroque look to it. Where form follows function.
I'm loving this thing and can't wait for the completion. And you're right about that headlight. It is very nautical. Keep the progress photos coming, Evil.

Tom