strong mounts for motorized beach cruiser

GoldenMotor.com

beadlejuice

Oct 14, 2010
Hesperia Ca
ok so i have a micargi panther that was a piece of work. the top rails that go back to the rear drop outs snapped completly in half and even the bottom tube of the frame was broke only after a month of havin it motorized. what i did was had a buddy weld 2 gusset plates to the bottom tube where the front motor mount is and put a nice thick plate over the rear rails remounted the motor and not a single vibration i beilieve the best way to mount these lil china girls is to first strengthen up the bike ur putting it on. i used to have problems with my chain hittin my white walls when it was spaced about a half inch now its barely 2mm spaced and a loose chain it doesnt even wanna hop around at all im tellin u this is the way to go guys im goin in on sunday to reinforce more of the framexct2

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Yours is not the first report of Micargi frames cracking. Use the search. key word, Micargi, and you can see and read what others have found.
Your fix sounds strong but keep an eye on the other critical places, (what isn't critical on a bike?) and make sure nothing else lets go. Be careful.
Tom

beadlejuice

Oct 14, 2010
Hesperia Ca
yea i found out micargi isnt the best bike out there but what do u do. i wish i would have known about this site before i ever bought that bike ive already had to replace the entire motor kit plus fix the frame and rear rim lol its a whole new bike now though and atleast i kno its done right ill post pics soon to show you the before and after