what are you waiting for in the mail ?

GoldenMotor.com

dtv5403

May 4, 2015
USA
The bulb my tail light came with kinda sucked (actually the whole unit was a little sub par, plastic is half chrome, half black and the bulb didn't even fit in the socket right, had to switch out the socket, but for $15 guess that's what I get). The bulb was 5w/21w. I was going to order an led, but I found some incandescent bulbs that were 8w/27w, 10 bulbs for $5.91 shipped on eBay. Ordered this morning, waiting on a tracking update.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
got NGK plug caps coming from POS dennis kirk - caps are only $1.76, but min shipping is $7.99 : (

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Well I got my new throttle and cables for the customer's bike today so it looks like I got a few of the 40mm intake cylinders on the way as well as 2 Dax bottom ends, and I will be ordering 2 more after I get home. I'm way too busy at work to have time to build but I'm stocking up now so I can build when business slows down this fall... I'm hoping I can have enough engines built and enough parts to build and sell 10 bikes between November and December if business ,slows down like it did last year...

dtv5403

May 4, 2015
USA
Well hopefully my ten pack of tail light bulbs will be here soon. I ordered them on Friday and got a tracking number that evening, but the tracking info didn't update at all over the weekend. I kept checking it this evening, and was beginning to think my package had gotten lost as I've had that happen before. But I checked it about a half hour ago, and it finally updated. Its in Austin Texas, so hopefully will be here in a couple days. I know a ten pack is a lot of bulbs, but I just couldn't pass them up for $5.91 shipped.

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Now I got 2 more bikes on their way, 1 is a dual suspension frame to replace my cracked frame, and the other is a complete bike, a 700c road bike.
2 40mm intake cylinders, one of the cylinders was in the same box as the BGF bottom end I got last week, so just waiting on one more...
2 Dax bottom ends, 2 piston and ring sets, and I think I ordered some more stuff from mzmiami that I forgot to mention...

Stuff I need to order real soon...
2 more rear sprocket adapters
2 tanks
throttles
levers & cables
more chains

I've been looking for the best price on installation kits, you know, the ones that come with everything but the engine, but those can be hard to justify when I end up replacing most the stuff with better quality pieces, so unless I can find these engineless kits for a really low price they don't save me much and I end up with a lot of unused parts.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Now I got 2 more bikes on their way, 1 is a dual suspension frame to replace my cracked frame, and the other is a complete bike, a 700c road bike.
2 40mm intake cylinders, one of the cylinders was in the same box as the BGF bottom end I got last week, so just waiting on one more...
2 Dax bottom ends, 2 piston and ring sets, and I think I ordered some more stuff from mzmiami that I forgot to mention...

Stuff I need to order real soon...
2 more rear sprocket adapters
2 tanks
throttles
levers & cables
more chains

I've been looking for the best price on installation kits, you know, the ones that come with everything but the engine, but those can be hard to justify when I end up replacing most the stuff with better quality pieces, so unless I can find these engineless kits for a really low price they don't save me much and I end up with a lot of unused parts.

On the parts kit subject Ive noticed that some like dax want $99 just for the pieces without an engine, that is way to high and completely unjustified in my opinion since for about $20 more I can buy a complete engine kit with all those same parts and an engine, yeah the engine will likely need to have the crank trued up and a couple other things done to it, but even if I dont run that engine I have well over $100 worth of extra parts if I piece it out and figure what all those parts would cost seperately.

The most I would be willing to pay for a parts kit excluding the engine would be $40

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
shipment finally in US from china (been waiting a month) - got 10 kits on the way to me now - when I sell engines, I just take them out of kits & have all kit-parts left to stock shelves (seems easiest way to get the parts)

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
shipment finally in US from china (been waiting a month) - got 10 kits on the way to me now - when I sell engines, I just take them out of kits & have all kit-parts left to stock shelves (seems easiest way to get the parts)
Great idea and the parts are much cheaper in the long run this way.

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
I fully agree on the parts kits at $99 ... Way too high for what you're getting, I remember they didn't cost that much just a few months ago, but I could buy some cheap engine kits, and either sell just the engines on ebay or break them down for spare parts since I can get full kits for like $30 more with the engine included.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I fully agree on the parts kits at $99 ... Way too high for what you're getting, I remember they didn't cost that much just a few months ago, but I could buy some cheap engine kits, and either sell just the engines on ebay or break them down for spare parts since I can get full kits for like $30 more with the engine included.
Yep, 8 have seen complete CG kits for $100, heck I only paid $119.00 shipped to my door direct from Hong Kong for the last engine kit I bought, its the one that still has stock upper bearing, just ports cleaned up and is running strong still on a 25:1 mix of 40w non-detergent oil.

Bike will cruise at 39mph with a 30T on a 24"wheel... yeah 8 know its my experimental rig with 40w non-detergent, but for less than $120.00 so far it has run like a champ on the mix.

For the record here, the kit upper bearing isnt one of those old types but instead actually looks like some of the higher quality upper bearing Ive seen lately, so thats why I wanted to give it a whirl to see how it would hold up.

Honest to ge5 this back on the topic of kit parts excluding the engine... I think its a better investment to just order the cheapest kit with free shipping you can find on ebay unless all you need is a tank or a coil etc.... especially for us tinkering types who don5 just put a bike together and forget it but like to have multiple rides and are always doing a little this and that to them for whatever reason and its a fact that if you ride a basically stock build much at all you'll need some of those extra parts from time to time anyway.

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Yeah, I'm thinking more about buying up a few complete kits then turning around and selling the engines at a discounted price... but may keep one or 3 just in case... the one I put on my customer's bike I got off ebay for like $79 shipped and after just some very mild port work and truing the head... ok I shaved it down... a little... but that engine is a torque Monster... I could probably do a similar port job and shave the head down about the same amount and sell the engines as Stage 1 performance engines since a pipe and a Fred head or the like would wake these up even more...

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Now I think I'm just waiting on a rag joint and a flex hone so I can de glaze a few cylinders that are still good...
Today FedEx came by the shop early and dropped off the road bike I ordered, then later on my new mountainbike frame came in, then the mail man stopped by with a good sized box with the new Dax bottom ends so it looks like I got most the stuff I ordered today...

Yume

Jun 13, 2015
AR, USA
Im waiting on my first kit, a cree 5000 lumen headlight, one ofthose cheapo turn signals, a RT performance carb, and some plastic fenders.

I saw a few of those $100 parts only kits while looking for my engine kit. I couldn't fathom paying that for just the parts. Heck, my complete kit was just $119 shiped from California.

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
This week I'm waiting on some cable end caps, a nickel plated 415h chain, another rag joint and sprocket set, new throttle grip and cable setups, billet front mount, and some good wrist pin bearings so I can assemble the engines I got ready at the shop...

I'm also thinking about getting some Dax cranks and skf bearings to rebuild all my non Dax engines with. I just gotta see how many rebuild able engines I got sitting around at the shop before I place the order... I also need to see how many more piston sets and heads I need to get everything built or rebuilt, then I need to find a cheap way to get enough parts to put these engines into bikes...