Fred's (Cr Machine) motor Ordered!

GoldenMotor.com

dumpstercrusher

May 20, 2013
Glen Burnie, Maryland
today was an exciting day for me! I just got my sick bike parts exhaust in and decided to install it before work. It took me about an hour or so cuz i didnt know how to install it and after watching videos i tried to copy. well I had a problem with my pedals not being able to rotate because they kept hitting the exhaust so i really did not like that and was getting pissed. My friend suggested i use the motovello exhaust since it was a straight pipe pretty much instead of the banana sick bike parts exhaust. Mounted it up and suprisingly it fits! it sits right under the seat and my legs or thighs does not touch the hot pipe. Took it out for a test ride and BOY! does that thing have some torque! The bike is fast and sounds like a dirt bike. I will take some pictures tomorrow to post up to show you guys what im talking about. This is now a SBP/motevello exhaust since i used some peices from sbp lol cant wait to ride it tomorrow after i wrap the exhaust and push the cables away so they dont melt/burn.

.trk (p) :D

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
today was an exciting day for me! I just got my sick bike parts exhaust in and decided to install it before work. It took me about an hour or so cuz i didnt know how to install it and after watching videos i tried to copy. well I had a problem with my pedals not being able to rotate because they kept hitting the exhaust so i really did not like that and was getting pissed. My friend suggested i use the motovello exhaust since it was a straight pipe pretty much instead of the banana sick bike parts exhaust. Mounted it up and suprisingly it fits! it sits right under the seat and my legs or thighs does not touch the hot pipe. Took it out for a test ride and BOY! does that thing have some torque! The bike is fast and sounds like a dirt bike. I will take some pictures tomorrow to post up to show you guys what im talking about. This is now a SBP/motevello exhaust since i used some peices from sbp lol cant wait to ride it tomorrow after i wrap the exhaust and push the cables away so they dont melt/burn.

.trk (p) :D
Hey man thats great cant wait to see some pics , I have a sbp pipe on one of my bikes and I used copper pipe fittings to finally get it in a some what good location, would like to get it down lower like the way I've seen some people mount it, I plan to put that pipe on another future build maybe, not sure I may just get anothe pocket bike pipe and do all the tubing myself.
Waiting for pics now...... happy riding!brnot

dumpstercrusher

May 20, 2013
Glen Burnie, Maryland
So I finally had some time to take some pictures of the exhaust. The exhaust sits right up against the frame as you will see, but I don't know if this is safe to the point where it will not melt the frame or damage in any way while im riding, so if you have some experience with this let me know! haha Also I have to change out the rubber hose near the exhaust port to a longer one since this tiny thing came off creating a hole and an exhaust leak. Will fix tomorrow!

KenX

Apr 20, 2013
Lake Fork, Texas
I'm going to put a small piece of silicone pipe (approx 1" long) around the frame where the exhaust clamps on the frame and see how it works. Doing it for heat against frame and vibration.

dumpstercrusher

May 20, 2013
Glen Burnie, Maryland
thats a nice mount! i had to improvise but i do like the chrome exhaust over the black after having it on the bike. Bad thing is since mine rubs against the frame, it rubbed or melted it a bit. i put silicone hose i had leftover n put it between the frame n exhaust

Huffydavidson

STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER
Jan 29, 2012
st.louis,mo.
When you need to replace your silicone tubing and you will because it melts fast especially the hardy a clamp it the faster it melts . you can see what I'm about to tell you in my photo albums so feel free to take a look it was my remedy to a problem of throwing money away on a useless product from sick bike parts the pipe is great the silicone tubing not good for me anyway. Take some beers cans and cut the ends of it squared up a cut it into 1 3/4" strips , now wrap joint with 3or4 strips and hose clamp it . No more silicone tubing and its the closes you can get to welding up your pipe set-up.

Huffydavidson

STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER
Jan 29, 2012
st.louis,mo.
With welding you have killed any future options of maybe taking the pipe and using on another build you're stuck with it . I always keep my options open .

graydog8josh

Nov 23, 2012
Starkville,MS
what plug/ carb are you running? what jet size? What octane fuel. Im sorry you might have already mentioned this, im running a motor with the fred head and wanted to see if people are having the same experience i am.

dumpstercrusher

May 20, 2013
Glen Burnie, Maryland
what plug/ carb are you running? what jet size? What octane fuel. Im sorry you might have already mentioned this, im running a motor with the fred head and wanted to see if people are having the same experience i am.
Im running the dellorto sha carb with a .65mm jet. Im sure i can tune it better but it runs awesome with my expansion chamber. Im running 93 oct and when i had the factory exhaust wit 93 oct i had more four stroking going on until i added the expansion chamber.

As for the record, i bought a 36t sprocket so it should be in next week. Cant wait to see how this motor does with the new sprocket.

dumpstercrusher

May 20, 2013
Glen Burnie, Maryland
well today as I was about to go for a nice cruise on the bike, i noticed gas leaking from the bike. Somehow the studs on the tank was leaking and totally made it a crappy day.. so it looks like i will be buying a new frame for the bike and a new gas tank and do a rebuild. what a crappy day, now i cant enjoy my bike until im finished >:l

graydog8josh

Nov 23, 2012
Starkville,MS
get the 3 liter tank with the m6 bolts, those are the best, they have the nuts you can tighten with your 10mm wrench. In my experience riding around with the tank loose will surely break lose the welds that seal the tank around the bolt area. if you get it really super clean you can use jb weld to patch it.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Im running the dellorto sha carb with a .65mm jet. Im sure i can tune it better but it runs awesome with my expansion chamber. Im running 93 oct and when i had the factory exhaust wit 93 oct i had more four stroking going on until i added the expansion chamber.

As for the record, i bought a 36t sprocket so it should be in next week. Cant wait to see how this motor does with the new sprocket.

Be aware the cheap 36tooth from BGF or LuckEarlyBird will wear out very quickly. Mine is less than two months old and is already wearing enough to cause noise and chain popping. It is too thin and made from soft steel. I will not buy another one from him.