Gas mileage wows!!

GoldenMotor.com

Veronica007

Oct 10, 2012
Columbus georgia
Hi!! Guys!! My name is veronica!! I am new here, I have a 49cc motor that is4 months old with a boost bottle kit on it. I am only getting 40 miles per tank full!! Why??!! Help!!:-||

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Hi!! Guys!! My name is veronica!! I am new here, I have a 49cc motor that is4 months old with a boost bottle kit on it. I am only getting 40 miles per tank full!! Why??!! Help!!:-||
Hey veronica
Depending on what size tank you have that is about right.

The smaller 2 liter tank is about 1/2 gallon so that would be
80 mpg
The bigger tank is 2.5 liters which 0.66 gallons.

Boost bottles do nothing for performance or gas mileage and
are a gimmick.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Should I take the boost bottle off? Could it be causing my problem? By the way,i have the half gallon tank.
What size rear sprocket are you running and how fast are you
cruising around?

Do you have a lot of hills around you or a heavy hand on the gas? :D

The sellers claims of 150 mpg is on the optimistic side.
They say "up to" 150 mpg.

80 mpg is on the low side......80 to 120 mpg is more realistic.

Desert Rat

Jul 30, 2012
Apache Junctoin Az
Can you take a picture of the bike so we know more about
the kind of engine you have 2 stroke 4 stroke? that does seem to be on the low side, sounds like a 44 tooth sprocket

Desert Rat

Jul 30, 2012
Apache Junctoin Az
What gas oil mix you using 25 to 1, 50 to 1?
Used or new? you build it or a dealer? how many cc 49 or 66/80?
we need more info to help :)
your right MBR I missed the 49cc comment, sorry
I'm wondering if it could be the oil gas ratio, any thoughts?
and yes let's see a pic to few are the women riders I've met

Last edited:

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Veronica, welcome to the forum. I have two bikes with 48cc engines that get 60 miles to a tank full, and I weigh 210. My son inlaw his brother and I all get about the same mileage. We ride in the Newnan and Senoia area so the altitude and Terrain are close to what it is in Columbus.

Veronica007

Oct 10, 2012
Columbus georgia
My motor is 49cc and I aint sure what mixture I am running,i use one bottle of lucas 2 cycle synthetic per half a gallon. I will be sure to post some pictures of me riding as soon as I get my brother to take some pictures of me riding!! I live in columbus georgia also,and I am the only female rider here I think! Also should I remove the boost bottle to see if that would help?

Veronica007

Oct 10, 2012
Columbus georgia
I also live in columbus georgia,i will post some pictures of me riding her as soon as my brother takes some!! I use 1 bottle of Lucas synthetic two stroke oil per half a gallon of gas. Should I also take my boost bottle off to see if that helps?

Desert Rat

Jul 30, 2012
Apache Junctoin Az
I know the bottle you are talking about and it's good for one gallon=2 tanks
if you have a stock 2.5 liter tank, although it will still run I think your running to much
oil in gas, generally I hear them recommend 30 to 1, I run 3.5 oz per tank=1/2 gallon
how about the rest of you?

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
After about 250 miles most run at 32/1 or so. I run the Lucas semi synthetic in my bikes at 40/1. Not recommending just saying what works for me. The black bike has about 1100 miles on it.

PAracer

Sep 14, 2012
Steelton, PA
The boost bottle isn't hurting or helping you. I would leave it there.

I'm going to say that your mileage is fine. 40 in a tank is okay. The best mileage is cruising rather slow on flat land with a light bike and a jockey for a rider. Once you start playing with the throttle, going up hills, or adding accessories to your bike, your mileage will suffer. Also, these engines often run rich. All that extra fuel being burned is wasted. Getting the carb tuned could net you a few more miles and a bit more power.