How Fast are You going? - I wana know

GoldenMotor.com

andrewflores17

Jul 12, 2010
colorado springs, CO
my 66cc 40 mph i used to way 140 pounds back then had a good wind and a 36 tooth sprocket engines since dead .

my gebe 33cc on 26 inch wheels stock record was 33.5 mph

99cc predator to be determined ....................

regardless of what it does on a good day ive always just putted around at 15 to 25mph usualy 20 gets me their and allows my bike brakes to do what i ask stop me before i hit something biger than me

motor_bike_fanatic

Jul 26, 2011
Pennsylvania
My cheapo wireless speedo I got off ebay gives me a current top speed of 29, haven't checked it against gps yet, but I will the next time I ride. I normally cruise carefully around 20, but have been pushing it lately. Something about the change of seasons makes me want to tear ass and shred pavement. But a near accident made me realize I need to slow down. I was riding at WOT and cars were stopped at a red light. I wasnt paying attention till it was almost too late, and had to slam my brakes. I stopped a few feet short of becoming a Nissan Altima's new trunk ornament. So its time to start being careful again. I think I got all the pavement shredding out of my system anyway.

WildAlaskan

Sep 30, 2010
alaska
66 cc~ nt carb ported billet intake ~sbp expansion chamber~ all on a 8 speed shift kit
I hit about 30 level ground and 35 38 downhill i weigh 280 and my bike has alot of stuff on it
Hills are the real killer i drop so much speed uphill it sucks

Motorized Bike Guy

Jan 4, 2012
Vermont
I've got the exact motor you do, but with some major modifications, exhaust, carb and boost bottle. My top speed so far is 34.6mph, and cruising speed is at about 20-25mph.cvlt1

thegnu

Sep 15, 2011
freedom pa
I have been able to cruize at 30 , 35 with all the recomended motor mods with a long enough flat area of roadway, an up here those are few an far between . but I have a sbp jack shaft an 8 spd cassete.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
All three of my bikes top out at 38-40 mph, whats funny is that my fastest bike has a 24'' rear wheel, a 32T sprocket and ZERO mods to the older 6mm head studded engine, only rejetted the carb and changed spark plug and plug boot, nothing else done to this engine, my other two with 36T driven and 34T driven sprockets will out pull it on the hills because they have shaved heads, billet intakes, ports matched, ect but they wont out do the little engine on flat ground under good conditions.

when I'm on the road between home and town I cruise at 32-35 mph for about 8-10 miles then I just run with traffic when I hit town up to around 40 mph when I can, I weight just over 200 lbs and with basic brakes I can stop as fast as I have ever needed to.

Peace, map

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
this bike was GPS'd at 54mph with Aleman and MotorBicycleRacing (Neil) witnessing. i blew the motor up at 62mph drafting a truck down PCH (sea level.) Mikuni 16mm carb, supertrapp muffler, GT4 66cc, Aermacchi head, ported, polished, reversed barrel, 30t sprocket, 26" wheels, etc...

this bike has 20" wheels, Pirelli moped tires, 36t sprocket on moped wheels, SBP pipe, Mikuni 16mm, reversed barrel, GT4,5, and 5A frankenstien motor, piston skirt trim, etc and GPS'd at 41mph...

Das Chicken

Mar 22, 2012
Georgia
I got up to 21mph on my bike when the engine was still on 16:1 and i think it had a 56T sprocket. I now have a shift kit with 7 gears, gear 7 makes the chains collide though, so i can't use it. I can easily cruise at 25 in 6th gear. top speed is probably around 40mph. I can't do that in my neighborhood though. ;(

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I figured the known speed demon of the MB community would be here with those wicked fast bike pics before long. bairdco is the man when it comes to speed............Yea Haw....LOL!

Nice looking fat tire bike there Baird.

Peace, Map

this bike was GPS'd at 54mph with Aleman and MotorBicycleRacing (Neil) witnessing. i blew the motor up at 62mph drafting a truck down PCH (sea level.) Mikuni 16mm carb, supertrapp muffler, GT4 66cc, Aermacchi head, ported, polished, reversed barrel, 30t sprocket, 26" wheels, etc...

this bike has 20" wheels, Pirelli moped tires, 36t sprocket on moped wheels, SBP pipe, Mikuni 16mm, reversed barrel, GT4,5, and 5A frankenstien motor, piston skirt trim, etc and GPS'd at 41mph...

thegnu

Sep 15, 2011
freedom pa
I figured the known speed demon of the MB community would be here with those wicked fast bike pics before long. bairdco is the man when it comes to speed............Yea Haw....LOL!

Nice looking fat tire bike there Baird.

Peace, Map
maybe he should change his nic to "speedy"
30 35 is plenty fast enough for me .

Bicycle Motor Fun

Sep 17, 2011
Warren, Michigan
Interesting topic! I just got my China girl bike build up and running before it got really cold here in Michigan, and I was able to put about 50 miles on the electronic speedometer! The bike is a Huffy 26" mens Stone Mountain-mountain bike that is stock. I am using the out of the box 66cc engine kit. I weigh in at about 170lbs, and on a flat dirt road, wide open thottle, my speedometer reads 25mph! For me too, it seems like 17mph is a nice cruising speed; I think that this little engine could run at this speed and RPM all day! BMF

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Venice Motor Bikes

'a little know how' !!!

Have you done a thread for us on how you port chinagirls?

I'd like to know half the tricks you know to bring them to life !

...and no Xchamber! ...interesting!

Best
rc

I am convinced a rag joint IS a major hp thief on a hi-speed run.

DFlanagan

May 23, 2011
Colorado Springs, CO
50cc Morini S6S bored out with 21mm Dellorto carb. 52 tooth sprocket on the rim. 51mph on level ground. Still working on the jetting. Accelerates faster than most vehicles on the road.

Don P

Sep 1, 2010
indiana
HI my 1965 Weastern Flyer cruiser with 66cc 36 tooth sprocket , road slicks tires and baffel removed. and on opti 2 100:1 mix, from day one . (carb tooned for it) dose 34mph on speedo and gps and i am 210 lbs. cruises at 25 mph (state law) real nice and smooth. and getting 135 mpg with 36 tooth sprocket. (engine now has over 800 miles with opti 2 and runs strong)