shipping engines or parts

GoldenMotor.com

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
Hey if anyone ships engines or parts that they are afraid of loosing as they ain't cheap I suggest to get a tracking number and insurance. I haven't been doing this and how one of the members might of lost their engine due to the US postal service I returned an engine by mail over 3 weeks ago and the member hasn't gotten it back. We never discused the way to ship as it was shipped cheapest way and it looks like it might of bit us in the a$$.
Norman

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
I agree!!! Always get a tracking #... if it gets lost, at least you can prove that you shipped it. & I always recommend that the customer pay the extra couple of dollars for shipping insurance too. Once the post office has it, it's not my responsibility anymore.

Nomad

Aug 4, 2008
U.S.A.
Good advice, always get ins, and tracking #. I once shipped a collectible Spanish pistol and it was stolen in the USPS... it was insured and documented. I contacted Postal Inspectors (these people are hardcore).. I had photos on serial # etc.. yada yada... it took about 6 weeks but they found the gun and returned it to me... they didn't say what happened to the "stealer"... I can only imagine.....

eDJ

Jul 8, 2008
Wayne National Forest
Oh yes please do that. With Hurricanes, Tornadoes, Floods, Earthquakes, not to mention theft......any big ticket item should have insurance & tracking. Once you mail it.......you never know the route it will take or perils it will encounter
in transit.