Nirve Cannibal 3 speed hub - Shift kit?

GoldenMotor.com

BaggeN

Sep 20, 2011
Aveiro
Hello everyone!

I'm currently building a Nirve cannibal 3 speed internal hub as my first build.

Clearing the rear 3cm tire is really an issue, and there ain't no adapters for my 3 speed hub around.

I was wondering, is a shift kit a viable option? This way I wouldn't need to mess with the back wheel.

Thanks in advance

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Because of the 'chopper' shape of the frame; I really don't think the shifter kit will work.

I really hate to recommend him to anyone; but MM used to make a hub adapter for Nexus 3-speed hubs & he also claims to make custom special size adapters. (If you want to gamble with your money on ever actually getting the part you paid for).

Another option would be to just replace the rear wheel with a coaster brake wheel; & then you have the option for a Sportsman hub adapter! ;)

Last edited:

BaggeN

Sep 20, 2011
Aveiro
The only problem with those solutions is that it Will cost me like 300$+ to get those parts to Europe :\

Venice Motor Bikes

Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
How about adding a extra 'rag joint' spacer between the spokes & sprocket??
It's a lot harder to get the sprocket bolted on true, but it's definitely cheaper! ;)

BaggeN

Sep 20, 2011
Aveiro
Yeah Ill have to look into it. Tho Ill have to grind a damn huge hole on the sprocket. I still need to fab some mounts to align the motor.

Thanks

Venice Motor Bikes

Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Yes, you'll have to have the center hole cut out as large as possible! :/
Another method, (if you have access to a welder) is to weld two brake arms together with a 1/2" piece of pipe between them to get the arm to stick out of the sprocket hole further. (it's a little hard to explain without a picture).

BaggeN

Sep 20, 2011
Aveiro
Yes, you'll have to have the center hole cut out as large as possible! :/
Another method, (if you have access to a welder) is to weld two brake arms together with a 1/2" piece of pipe between them to get the arm to stick out of the sprocket hole further. (it's a little hard to explain without a picture).
Hum, didn't understand quiet well the arm part.

Anyway, you sure a shift kit wouldnt work?