In Frame Falcon

GoldenMotor.com

Willy P.

Apr 4, 2011
Wausau, WI
So I saw one other person that had done it and thought what the heck? its cheap...... So after three terrible weeks of waiting for parts, missing a ride, loosing my phone, starting my truck on fire, and working lots and lots and lots of overtime.... SHE'S DONE!!!!! ish.... I finally got her rolling while the fireworks shined on sunday. Absolutely amazing ride, tons of fun, and lots of attention from the ladies.
dance1
So for the details. This is just the initial assembly and still have so much work to do. I had some issues sealing the tank where the down tube was welded to the head tube. Took three coats of redkote and about 4 days between drying. I did the same as most and used a npt to garden hose fitting for the cap but I added a breather vent from mcmaster carr in the middle.... don't know if I like it or not.... Might just get a new cap and drill a hole. I stole the brake and wheel from my "mountain" bike....as you can see its a 1 1/4 slick and my mountain bike has a mean street attitude..... in any case. I will eventually put the matching tire on and both fenders but I think I will enjoy it for a bit longer. I'm running a speed carb, mm intake, mm sprocket adapter for the nexus 3, and an spb hd throttle all on a gt-5sr. The engine mounts aren't finished yet but the design is being tested in theory on this bike. I couldn't rid the bike of the chain tensioner and just ripped the one off my wreck last minuet. Fit surprisingly well but ugly as sin. I still havent hooked up the 3 speed because I don't like the shifter on the bars so I will have to find an alternate as soon as I can. but I'M TIRED.... so I shall have to continue later.... enjoy the pics

Vistaman73

Chat Box Junkie
Nov 29, 2009
Shawnee, Kansas
Awesome dude. I love the built in tank, did you seal it or did it some sealed? The ape hangers really make it look badass. Also, do you have any trouble getting fuel into the carb? Looks like it kinda has to go up, I guess the gas in the tank pushes it in there. Very clean install, surprised you haven't got more comments. But about 80 people have seen it, and remember, on this website, just because people don't comment doesn't mean they don't notice it or like it, it usually means there is nothing wrong with it and they don't have anything to critique you on. :)

Happy Riding,
Vista

Willy P.

Apr 4, 2011
Wausau, WI
nah I just wanted some love or hat so I knew where to go with the rest of the build. The tank had to be sealed kind of a pain but well worth it

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
Nice build all the way around!! Do you like the high bars? I had some 42" bars before kinda hard to turn.

stickjohnsonaah

Jul 3, 2011
gilbert,az
Willy, im extremely curios I don't understand how you sealed the frame as the tank. Does it have any drill holes inside to be filled? Also what type of range do you get? I was also wondering what brakes your using just the stock coaster brake? And if the rear coaster is removed does the rear wheel allow you to pedal backwards? I will hopefully building a bike soon and falcon gts is my favorite

ratrod

Feb 7, 2011
Australia
awsome bike man!!! i tell you i would love to build something like this one day. i really like the clean lines on that beast........ride on
just a small note - get rid of that air filter and place a low profile filter on - huge differrence in your motor breathing and an expansion chamber and hang on!!

Last edited:

Willy P.

Apr 4, 2011
Wausau, WI
yeah the chamber is high on my list as well as a filter but my #1 is to get the head I cant seem to find to save my life. Piston says a month and bike berry just put in an order

Willy P.

Apr 4, 2011
Wausau, WI
oh yeah and about the tank..... since it was impossible for me to find out before I did my build.... I have to say it was not as bad as I feared..... two holes one on the seatpost tube and one on the head tube. There are no holes in the chain stays. The bad news is that it doesnt hold much at all. I havent done a calculation yet but I will this week sometime. I am completely guessing but not much more than 30 miles

Willy P.

Apr 4, 2011
Wausau, WI
darn i just keep forgetting things.... for brakes there is a nexus 3 hub with a coaster brake but my primary is an avid disk on the front wheel

Willy P.

Apr 4, 2011
Wausau, WI
yeah watch out on the "motor fits" part..... its tight. By the way to all that know of my legal struggles in Wausau (central Wisconsin).... It seams I'm out of the game for a while again.... Now Weston, Schofield, and Rothchild are all saying it's illegal and now i have nowhere to ride. Ticked at cops to say the least. Reed sent an email to the everest metro including all of the local laws and the state laws but we haven't heard back yet

In the meantime the bike is parked and if we continue to have problems may be for sale. I am tired of fighting this crap and no one in the system is even attempting to budge. I wish I was a lawyer.

ratrod

Feb 7, 2011
Australia
dont worry about the cops ive been pulled up and they just wanted to have a look at my bike ( maybe lucky ) i saw them comming so i slowed and pedaled on idle as if it was a detuned motor. all they wanted to know apart from every personal detail in my life was do you need to pedal up hills and i said yes so that was enough for them as the laws here is 200w max output no matter what size engine. i know the grubbies are putting out 3200w before the goodies go on.

stretchintha420

May 16, 2011
york ME
wow what a shame, the cops around here give me crap for just about everything else , but they leave me alone on the bike, i got pulled over last summer on an electric scooter and was told i needed to have a licence to drive it, but i can ride my bike all day... what a messed up world we live in. but if you have to sell your bike let me know i might be interested in it.