what would you do differently

GoldenMotor.com

lomitalifer

Apr 11, 2011
So.Cal.
Im new here but this is my second build.These motors casn be pretty durable.This time i have the same RAW 66/80cc motor and i built a side hack from scrtatch because my 127 lb. lab/significant other goes EVERYWHER with me but shes getting old and cant run beside me as far anymore.Im 180lbs. so from day 1 ive been pullin over 300 lbs WOT like im runnin the 1/8 mile for pinks and i havent had any problems so far i havent created out of boredom...
Hers a few pics....At least if i did it right ...I think.drn2

Attachments

rohmell

Jun 2, 2010
New York
What I would have done differently is install a centrifugal clutch from the get-go. Around here, every block has a stop sign, and clutching all of the time got old real fast, so much so that I ended up riding my friction drive bikes more and more, and leaving the China Girl alone.
Once I installed the centrifugal clutch,it is fun to ride the China Girl again, and is my preferred ride now.

fall_down_stand_up

Apr 26, 2009
granbury
Im new here but this is my second build.These motors casn be pretty durable.This time i have the same RAW 66/80cc motor and i built a side hack from scrtatch because my 127 lb. lab/significant other goes EVERYWHER with me but shes getting old and cant run beside me as far anymore.Im 180lbs. so from day 1 ive been pullin over 300 lbs WOT like im runnin the 1/8 mile for pinks and i havent had any problems so far i havent created out of boredom...
Hers a few pics....At least if i did it right ...I think.drn2
That is the coolest ride I think I have ever seen!!!!Man you have mad skills!!!!I would love to build something like that for my dog to ride on....
John

lomitalifer

Apr 11, 2011
So.Cal.
thanks.Its perfect for her ...Well,i gues because i made it for her .She has no problem with 20 to 25mph in or out of traffic.Can you imagine what thats like for a dog?Screw hanging the head out the window she has no window anymore.I get horns honked at me at least 10 times a day anywhere i ride with thumbs up or whatever because if the scooter/side hack didnt catch theyre attention and the sound of a two stroke coming from a trike didnt make them turn n look,the big a** yellow dog waggin her tail,tongue hangin out and ears flapping in the wind zipping past the window always does the trick.
Actualy the key to it all is the dog itself because i could have spent $100 on a piece o junk or a $1,000 on a decent piece o junkand it wouldnt matter if she wouldnt be the kind of dog that doesnt care where it is or what is going on around her as long as shes with me.MAN,this dog has done some realy CRAZYstuff with me im sure most dogs would never do.....mbv.drn2

Attachments