Hi from Down Under

GoldenMotor.com

Dr. Dognuts

Apr 10, 2011
Down Under, adl
Hello all, I am so glad to have found this forum. I'm finding so much good info already.

I bought an F80 motor kit on the web last night, and am waiting eagerly for its arrival. I just need to find a cheap treadly to fit it to now.

Thanks to everybody for posting so much good info. Things I might never have though about, like cleaning out the gas tank with ballbearings or chain links before using, and using the original gaskets as templates and making high quality ones myself. And great advice about fitting the kit properly.

Hopefully I wont ask many n00b questions, as it looks like all the answers are already here

*edit* and I dont really mean cheap bicycle, just cheap for what it is..I am after a hardtail MTB with disc brake front. But finding the template from here to size up potential treadlys is great. Front disc, because I ride in all weather(and like stopping in the wet), and can retrofit a v-brake rear.

So i just have to go shopping for my list:

Suitable bicycle
Decent gasket paper
high tensile M6 thread and bolts
locktite
Good quality sparks plug and lead
+ of course a top notch D-lock so I can ride home

and prolly have to hit up an exhaust/muffler shop to get mount clamps that fit these new style mtb frames

Last edited:

Dr. Dognuts

Apr 10, 2011
Down Under, adl
C'mon guys, 36 views and not a single hello? whats up!

I am pretty handy with general MTB mechanics, and tacking on a small motor looks pretty simple. Of course, it is never as simple as it should be, but with all the peeps here who have done it before, all the questions I can think of, are answered right here.

Dont be scared, I promise a dingo wont take your babies

*edit* what I really want, is a link to the minimum size inside triangle these motors will fit into. Anybody who can provide that gets free accomodation in aus(on my couch), and 5 reps when I can dish them out

Last edited:

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Hey mate, welcome to the forum. Many boyz from Oz here and all of them handy it seems. It sounds to me like you're doing your homework and will end up with a good install. Post some pix when the time comes...
SB

Dr. Dognuts

Apr 10, 2011
Down Under, adl
thanks silverbear, I love taking pix, so I will have a stack of before & after pics. Hopefully they will be helpfull to someone else as well.

Anyways, no time for chatting, I need to dig into the archives and find out all the other things I didnt think about!