Debate on best fuel to oil ratio

GoldenMotor.com

Bigredgasbike

Apr 2, 2010
California
Ive been researching the best fuel to oil ratio for getting the most speed out of my bike, and havent come up with much, so i decided to ask you guys. Anyone have an opinion, or suggestion on the best fuel to oil ratio for the best speed and efficiency for a motorbike?xct2.wee.

Mind_Reader7

May 1, 2010
Northam, Western Australia.
Well it depends on the bike. Run half a tank of 30:1, check the colour of the plug. If it's black brown/covered in unburnt oil, up the ratio to 35:1 or so. If it's grey in the centre, you're running lean and need to put hte ratio down. You want a chocolate brown colour.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
If I were you I would follow the directions of the oil manufacturer, and buy a good synthetic oil.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Uhhhh, the best ratio I've found so far is none.....get a 4-stroke. It takes the guess work out of mixing ratios completely....... plain and simple.

WayneC

Aug 2, 2009
Clearwater, FL
Hmmmm
If it's a question of speed, I don't think your ratio is gonna do much to help you go faster. Oil is about lubrication, wear, and internal protection; not how fast it will make you go.
I agree with Bairdco tho, check out Opti-2

yodar

Jul 26, 2010
Orlando Fl
Hmmmm
If it's a question of speed, I don't think your ratio is gonna do much to help you go faster. Oil is about lubrication, wear, and internal protection; not how fast it will make you go.
I agree with Bairdco tho, check out Opti-2
I have a different version of the question. I am using AMSOIL 2-stroke oil at 100:1 and I have no complaints.

BUT I HAVE a quart of Amsoil 10-30 synthetic automobile motor oil. What should I dilute IT at?

I KNOW the Chinese use strait 30W motor oil. What do they dilute it at?

yodar

ferball

Apr 8, 2010
NH
There was a post a few months back where some one was running 10w30 at 16:1 with moderate success very well documented and full of good info.