Which tires

GoldenMotor.com

Mac

Dec 3, 2009
Maine
I just bought one at wally wld, 26X2.25 comfort cruiser(smooth) $14.49. I guess there not the best, I would have gotten the Kevlar if they had the size I wanted, it's only for the summer (3 months where I live) then the MTN tires go back on. I do balance them(static) with stick-on weights and I just cruise 20-25mph. If your buzzing around at 50mph, maybe something better.

Mac

Junster

Jun 2, 2009
Washington St.
I tried a couple different ones. These in "my opinion" are the best out there. Servas Survivor CTRB Drifter S. Multiple layers of flat protection, Kevlar & Nylon. Inverse tread for easy no vibration roll. Wear great, exellent dry and wet traction. Only minus $40 each. I use them with standard bike shop tubes. No slime, no hvy duty tubes, just rim strips. Have about 500 miles on them with no flats, barely showing any wear. Look the site over and find the cross section of them. Best bike tires I have ever had.

Serfas 2010

Ted

Apr 20, 2010
Leavenworth Wa.
Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it, but now I'm wondering if a 26 x 2.0, CTRB (the largest they offer) will fit my Cruiser style bike, I believe the tire size is 26x2.25.

Thanks again :)

Junster

Jun 2, 2009
Washington St.
The rim is the same. It will just give you a little extra chain clearance. It's 1/4" narrower (1/8" on each side) than your tire is. I got my local shop to order them so I didn't pay shipping. BTW, Check my DIY bike stand post. It was so easy.

Last edited: