Is there a market?

GoldenMotor.com

AshContinent

Mar 25, 2008
So i got a friend with a cnc machine and i know autocad. I was wondering if you guys would buy 32T sprockets for about 20 bucks and whatever shipping costs. I figure id print 100 of them and see how it goes on e-bay. I'm looking at the prices and they want 50 bucks for an aluminum gear before shipping. :eek:I can do better than that but would you guys buy it? I plan to have a quality that is much cleaner and adjusted than the kit gears in a good steel. If you'ld like a different kerf let me know.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I'd buy one for 25 dollars shipped.
I have a 36T and a 44T and also a 48T, which is for sale...25 dollars shipped.

Gronkster

May 20, 2008
I had my first extended ride today went about 18 miles. The only problem was the cheap plastic throttle kept coming loose. I live in Medina, Ohio and the area south of us is hilly. I made it up all of them but I'm 250 lbs and the engine was a full throttle. How much would a 48T help over my current 44T? I'd hate to loose a lot of top end.

AshContinent

Mar 25, 2008
you will lose about 4miles per hour on the top end if you are running 26's You should be able to run up hills faster so your commute might be faster if it's hilly enough.

Skyliner70cc

Mar 8, 2008
I run 50's and 48's on most of my builds. Living in Colorado with a 21% loss in power due to altitude means that climbing hills is more important than top speed.

With a 50 I can do about 22mph on a straightaway. With a 48, I can hit 25mph. Both are plenty faster than I can pedal. I used to run 44's but don't like the lack of hill climbing ability and having to do 12mph at idle.