212 build

GoldenMotor.com

Scott.D.Lang

Jan 1, 2013
Chicago
Hello all. I am building a 212 Im not looking for much power over stock so this is what I have planned so far for it. first I'm using a 3D clutch and I'm going to get a 26mm carb most likely I also plan on getting a aftermarket flywheel and new stronger valve springs. Also the exhaust will be a 1' free flow set up I may use a muffler from a scooter have not decided on the muffler yet.

does anyone have any other suggestions to what I should do for reliability?

Seabass

Oct 22, 2016
Colorado
How did you plug the holes from the low oil sensor and the governor shaft? I saw in the videos those guys where squishing o rings and rtv, I've also seen the holes used for crankcase vents. I think id rather plug them with copper washers. What did you do?

Scott.D.Lang

Jan 1, 2013
Chicago
I left the sensor in and just cut the wires and filled the hole with black silicon and filled the hole where the governor with silicon also

Scott.D.Lang

Jan 1, 2013
Chicago
I have done 2 79s the same way with no leaks. That said I did consider it and if I develop any leaks or decide to do a rod and piston upgrade.

Scott.D.Lang

Jan 1, 2013
Chicago
Oh I will it will probably be February before I am even close to done on this one. my Wife is going to paint Ol'Blue and Ill have to rename the bike because it is going to have a blackhawks paint theme. I figure if it is going to be 100% illegal I might as well have a paint scheme that the CPD will love lol.

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2015
Portland, Oregon
How did you plug the holes from the low oil sensor and the governor shaft? I saw in the videos those guys where squishing o rings and rtv, I've also seen the holes used for crankcase vents. I think id rather plug them with copper washers. What did you do?
I tapped them and put bolts with lock washers in them.

Scott.D.Lang

Jan 1, 2013
Chicago
That is most likely the best way. The only reason I did not do it on the first one I built was because I was broke and did not have money for a tap lol so I gave it a shot. It worked and Ive used it ever since.

Seabass

Oct 22, 2016
Colorado
Funny that we are talking about this cause I'm doing this Saturday. I should be able to mount on Sunday. Still need to figure what clutch I'm using since I went with the 212cc not the briggs 8 hp. The go cart CVT i have is 1 inch input. Well this is your thread so I will shut up.

Scott.D.Lang

Jan 1, 2013
Chicago
I think Im going to like the 3D clutch with it I can get rid of the pull start if I want to because Ill be able to start it like a china girl. That also means if I see a bunch of cops ahead Ill be able to cut it off and coast right on buy lol.

Jan 21, 2015
Portland, Oregon
I think Im going to like the 3D clutch with it I can get rid of the pull start if I want to because Ill be able to start it like a china girl. That also means if I see a bunch of cops ahead Ill be able to cut it off and coast right on buy lol.
I always pretend like I'm not doing anything illegal and just ride right on by. Sometimes I wave to them if they're giving me funny looks. Somehow I feel like cutting the engine and attempting to slowly pedal past with a great big engine attached to my bike would look more suspicious than just leaving the motor running. It has worked every time so far.

Scott.D.Lang

Jan 1, 2013
Chicago
most of the time I do the exect same but every now and then my gut tells me to either go a different way or turn off the engine lol.

Scott.D.Lang

Jan 1, 2013
Chicago
no progress yet. I am debating right now if I should use a trike rear I have for it but cant figure out how to figure the gearing with 2 exture sprockets to deal with

Scott.D.Lang

Jan 1, 2013
Chicago
update I'm almost done with the mount. looking at different ways to set up the carb. I have my vbbl kit from Will Kidd. It is looking like this might be my nicest build yet.

Attachments