New 12 volt Generator For 2 Stroke

GoldenMotor.com

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
they've been around for at least 6 years that I know of - they're AC, so need rectifier to charge batteries or run LEDs well - haven't seen one working, so not sure how good they are

do a search for posts that are more than 5 years old

Agreen

Feb 10, 2013
Southeastern GA
That's IF it even puts out a full 12v AC. Not the best to run lights at different voltages all the time.

I personally don't believe it does.

Keep tabs on the charging thread in the electrical section. I'll have some definitive answers here soon.

ZipTie

Jan 8, 2016
Mpls Mn
zpt zpt
Thanks for the reply's. Funny how I missed all previous threads on the topic, and the availability of the fluctuating and supposed 12v AC generator add on. I thought I would of hit upon it by accident as much as I have read this great forum, but never saw anything ever on it so it was all new to me. hehehe...I'm all over it now. Be cool to find out your results Agreen. This stuff is beyond me. I run when I see electricity, sparks, lightning and wires burning.

zpt zpt

rogergendron1

Sep 18, 2013
woburn ma
I have beem looking for this lol.

But yeh not shure. Ir might put out a full 12 volts ....eerr at 10000 rpms lol. I would run it to charge a small 12 v powerwheels battery with a rectifier and a charge regulator. Then power a head lifht and tail light and directionals off the charged battery. This way its sole pourpos would be to charge the battery as you drive like an altinator

scrollerguy

Nov 8, 2008
Midcoast Maine
When this first hit the boards, I bought it, was not impressed.

It is still setting in my toolbox, along with the weak headlite.

Good idea, but it lacks my stamp of approval.

PluckStrumRide

Jul 9, 2019
Ohio
I have beem looking for this lol.

But yeh not shure. Ir might put out a full 12 volts ....eerr at 10000 rpms lol. I would run it to charge a small 12 v powerwheels battery with a rectifier and a charge regulator. Then power a head lifht and tail light and directionals off the charged battery. This way its sole pourpos would be to charge the battery as you drive like an altinator

I just purchased one of these and installed it. From there I'm absolutely lost on where to go from there wiring wise to get it to power a light. I could really use some help. Please use simpleton terms please. Lol