The creation of CRU

GoldenMotor.com

Do you think Charity Riders United is a good thing, or a bad thing?

• Total voters
Aug 23, 2009
British Columbia
Your site inspired mine Weekend, and now hopefully, every chapter leader will make a website for their city's chapter! It's awesome! If you become a member of the site, it links you to all other site memberships, so if someone goes to a site, they can access all of the websites. :)

Aug 23, 2009
British Columbia
If you would like your bicycle photos to be put in the CRU website photo album, please email me the pics!!! Thank you.
***Flyers are complete for your cities chapter!!! Hang them to scout out local riders in your area!***
***Ontario Rally 2010 flyers are also available if you're local to Sudbury, Ontario.***

Link to send rally registration, MB photos, and flyer requests...

[email protected]

Last edited:

Pappy

Apr 19, 2009
Anderson, IN.
This is a awsome idea ABC,
I run a Non-profit orgenization called Bicycles4Kids, the link is below my sig. I have a building donated to my by the city of Anderson for my charity work, I would love to add CRU as a part of it, our building is located in the down town area just off the Anderson and Purdue University campus. I will be moving out of my garage this weekend, within the last month I have had 127 bicycles donated to my cause, and have teamed up with The Peyton Manning Childrens Hospital at St.Vensent in Indianapolis as well as Bicycle Collective of Anderson, IN. There are also City Grants that you can apply for, these grants are set aside for non-profit charity orgenizations such as mine and CRU and meny others, you can find them through your citys website.
The Federal Goverment gives money to the States and then its handed down to each city in that state, if the city does not use the money for Non-profit Orgenizations such as ours, it is returned back to the state and used on whatever they like, the money is there, so why not use it for a wearthy cause like CRU.

Count me and my city in.we..we..crt..we.usflg

Aug 23, 2009
British Columbia
Pappy, I'd love if our organizations united! I could use some advice as well, as I'm learning as I go. I checked out your site, I really like what you're doing. We could be a good team! :) Things are really looking up for CRU, I'm still trying to decide what to do, and how to go about it. I have a number of things on the go, and I'm looking to incorporate everything. I'm thinking of making CRU a business, that does large donations to charity with any and all proceeds, rather than a full blown non-profit organization. Things will be run pretty much exactly the same, but there are minor things that would be a hassle with a non-profit organization, and with my other plans, it will be a headache. If I make it a business, I can incorporate everything I am doing, each business can feed each other, and it will flourish. I'm still deciding on the overall outcome, but either way, it will be big. :) I look forward to working with you, we can discuss things further through email. [email protected]

Aug 23, 2009
British Columbia
***ALL CRU LEADERS***

Please copy and paste this form into email and send it to me, this is the CRU registration form. Thank you.
If you're curious why I need that information...

I will be registering CRU as either a charity, or a business that gives a lot to charity. Each member of the business/charity will also have to be registered. I will notify when this is in process. If I go the business route, leaders may continue to run as a CRU group, or they may choose to go the business end with me. (Do what I'm doing here, there.) Obviously profit will be involved, but so will a lot of charity. Dedication will be required, but that's not till much further down the road. For now, no worries, nothing will change.
Here's the form. Please copy, and save it, to give to new recruits, as well as fill it out for me. Thanks guys, I'll keep you posted.
Damien.

Charity Riders United
Entrance Form
Please fill out all information and return promptly. If youʼd like to send this information
through email, please just copy and paste this form into a new message, and fill it in
there. Thank you.
Name:
State/Province:
City:
Address:
Postal/Zip Code:
Some requirements as leader of your city;
-Must be active in finding and recruiting more CRU riders
-Make a Webs.com website for your cityʼs CRU chapter
-Attend local rallies if available
-After a few riders are gained in your cityʼs chapter, a rally will be organized in your city.
Any CRU chapters in the vicinity can attend/assist that rally, further assisting the growth
of the motor bicycle world.
-Maintain periodic contact with CRU president for updates and new registries.
As a part of Charity Riders United, you are helping to grow a community of well
intending motorized bicycle riders. You will be helping many people in need, all around
the world. There is no profit made with CRU, you will not receive a paycheck. Any profit
made by CRU, will go into the next rally. The goal is to unify and take a bit of well
deserved respect for what we do. With CRU, we can change the world, one small step
at a time. Thank you for joining us, I look forward to your cities rally, where we can
shake hands and feel accomplished.
CRU President,
Damien Hannah

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
This is a awsome idea ABC,
I run a Non-profit orgenization called Bicycles4Kids, the link is below my sig. I have a building donated to my by the city of Anderson for my charity work, I would love to add CRU as a part of it, our building is located in the down town area just off the Anderson and Purdue University campus. I will be moving out of my garage this weekend, within the last month I have had 127 bicycles donated to my cause, and have teamed up with The Peyton Manning Childrens Hospital at St.Vensent in Indianapolis as well as Bicycle Collective of Anderson, IN. There are also City Grants that you can apply for, these grants are set aside for non-profit charity orgenizations such as mine and CRU and meny others, you can find them through your citys website.
The Federal Goverment gives money to the States and then its handed down to each city in that state, if the city does not use the money for Non-profit Orgenizations such as ours, it is returned back to the state and used on whatever they like, the money is there, so why not use it for a wearthy cause like CRU.

Count me and my city in.we..we..crt..we.usflg
Wow Pappy. Great job Sir.

Heart warming to know folks who step up and help. All ya'all.

Aug 23, 2009
British Columbia
Things have slowed down now with my ability to do advertising and promotion for CRU. I have started school, and already am feeling the pinch of time. I just wanted to let you all know, I'm still here, and CRU is still a go, but without more riders and representatives, I'm kind of stuck. I haven't recieved many CRU entrance forms, those of you who has submitted, thank you. I'm still awaiting approval for my first rally, it's proving quite difficult to get ahold of the proper people, they seem to like to take their time responding. I just want to thank everyone who is a part of CRU, this idea can prosper, with the right steps. I will be registering CRU as a business, I'm waiting to see the turn-out of my first rally, to decide whether or not to continue with CRU. I can't stand alone, I need as many riders behind me as possible, and I don't have many so it seems. I will also be registering addicted motorbicycles as a company as well, and two clothing lines. All will tie in together as businesses, but CRU is the first step, to help spread awareness. Anyways, thought I'd post something since I haven't posted in a while. All of my threads seem to have died in activity, so I'm wondering how many are actually coming to the rally, and how many are actually planning to be a part of CRU. So that's my words of wisdom. lol.. Hope all is well with you guys and girls, hope all your bikes are running great, have a great day, hopefully we'll chat soon. Take care. Damien.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
I wouldn't be too concerned about the slowing pace of CRU, the rally aside - it takes well over a year to get any "business" even off the paper, let alone established.

I think you've done quite admirably, yer well deserving of a lil break for a while. Also remember yer on the "wrong" side of the season for much excitement and/or activity regarding such an endeavor. In many ways this is good - as it gives you plenty of time to build the foundation in preparation.

Eventually everyone will get "spring fever" again and I bet you'll have more interest than you can deal with lol There's but a few of us crazy enough to be lookin' into studded snow tires - most folks are sadly rollin' their bikes indoors and tryin' not to think about the Long Cold Dark...

Aug 23, 2009
British Columbia
:), well those are some inspiring words! Thanks BarelyAWake. :) You're right, I wasn't considering the season. Lol, I'm a studded tire and ski kind of guy myself. Lol. I work in a freezer in a huge grocery warehouse, so I'm provided with Arctic rated Snow suits, which are also waterproof. :) It might bear the company name, but I could care less. I'm actually proud of that job, although it's a nowhere job, and pretty much slavery, it's the first job I've held for over a year, and I'm going on 6 years in Dec 8th! I'm going to invent some kind of training wheel bracket quad ski system for winter riding. I want to be able to drift the winter corners at 40km/h. Lmao. My little subdivision is the perfect little race track, "S"-bends, inclines, declines, off road paths, the works. :) I can't wait for the snow!

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
ROFL - how didja learn me so quick?

How didja guess why I'm willing to deal with the winters I hate so much?

omg... I haza stalker!
|.o

laff

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
If you were in Fla. it would be too hot and if you were here on the North West coast you wouldn't be tanning, it would be rust.

Fully AWake in a fasteddy

Last edited by a moderator:

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Yus - cause this North East coast rust is superior obv :D

Wow - now THAT would be a geek extraordinaire, to be able to flake a bit of rust, taste it, think for a mo and say: "Oh my yes, *swish n'spit* NE Atlantic Ocean/1984, a slight undertone of Huffy, a very good year for oxidation!"

Last edited:

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Yus - cause this North East coast rust is superior obv :D

Wow - now THAT would be a geek extraordinaire, to be able to flake a bit of rust, taste it, think for a mo and say: "Oh my yes, *swish n'spit* NE Atlantic Ocean/1984, a slight undertone of Huffy, a very good year for oxidation!"

Yer cracking me up today BA

(Just had Joe Ppesci thing play in my head. "What? I'm here to amuse you....) snork

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Kind of figured that you might get cold shouldered. Typical small Ontario city, they don't like anything that they aren't sure about.

Ask closer to T.O. More riders and more understanding officials.

Steve.

Aug 23, 2009
British Columbia
alright, new found rally faith has been found. I have stumbled across Motor Boys, and we are organizing a partnership, a new rally is being formed since thunder bay apparently has issues with these engines, (cops are pullin them over left right and center) and Sudbury officials are now ignoring me. With the prospect of teaming with Motor Boys, this rally can be much larger and more organized than it ever could have been, with 50+ possible local riders, the riders coming to join from other places, Motor Boys expansive mailing list, and the already on board sponsors, this could happen. Yes, it's a different location, but the location really hasn't ever been solidly in stone. I really would have loved to have it in Thunder Bay, or Sudbury, but these are apparently not options for a rally in 2010. Looks like Cambridge, or somewhere between here and there. As more information becomes available, it will be posted. I will be introducing Motor Boys to CRU as well, and we'll see if we can get a real rider union going on. I'll update you all as it comes!