rat rod build

GoldenMotor.com

unknownbmxa88

Mar 15, 2013
montana
so i built this motorized bicycle, only to steal the engine for anther project, but i plan on finishing it, so heres what i have so far. its a huffy cranbrook. i used sheet metal to skirt the fenders and then added sections to the frame to make it look wavy i guess. i dremeled most, but not all of the paint, and used a heat gun to heat the paint up and then i hit it with a chemical process that rusts it instantly. choped the seat post off and found a well weathered schwinn spring seat and its held to the frame with a pipe clamp. the axel mounted engine worked well, and i might still go that direction, low center of gravity, and it dosent stick out farather then the bars, and it will not hit the ground, if it did i would have other things to worry about. and its on the side with the kick stand so its very stable. this thing did 25mph easy, with the gx35 motor on it, and i dontthink i have completly broke it in yet,

i may put a in frame kit on it, but not sure

unknownbmxa88

Mar 15, 2013
montana
couple of pix of a rat rod bike i built for a friend... 66cc, old no name frame, 24 inch wheels on a 26 frame, drop springers, upside down beach criuser bars, the seat is from a 1940s tricycle that we found in an alley half buried in dirt. it had been there a while.
the bike was sanded raw and treated with a chemical process to rust it, and then we put various things like used motor oil on it and stuff to make it look super ratty, it sits so low the pedals are bent from hitting on the ground, who needs a kickstand when you can just drop the clutch and lean it over on the pedal.
it does about 40 because of the smaller wheels, at least my freind claims..yes, only coaster and yes its a death trap.

this is it next to my friends 66 newport.