ThatsDax kit only 117 bucks SHIPPED

GoldenMotor.com

theonlyhek

Jul 20, 2008
Treasure Coast, FL
All I can say is... awesome. "Duane, if you can hear me, Thanks!" My birthday is in about a week and I cant wait to get my engine.
I hope that the price doesn't go up by then... lol?!

But I have a real question... How much preparation is necessary to his kits?
I have read that no matter what you should change the studs, and replace the ignition wire. I am just curious as I have been thinking about doing this for almost 6 months now.

Thanks.bf.

Retmachinist

Oct 21, 2008
Urbandale Ia
All I can say is... awesome. "Duane, if you can hear me, Thanks!" My birthday is in about a week and I cant wait to get my engine.
I hope that the price doesn't go up by then... lol?!

But I have a real question... How much preparation is necessary to his kits?
I have read that no matter what you should change the studs, and replace the ignition wire. I am just curious as I have been thinking about doing this for almost 6 months now.

Thanks.bf.
The only real change I would make to start would be the engine mounting studs, for safety reasons, and possibly the exhaust and carb. studs. Change the chain to #41 if the kit chain stretches prematurely. Just see how the rest of the parts work out. Probably be o.k. We seem to have pretty good luck with Duanes Kits.

John

theonlyhek

Jul 20, 2008
Treasure Coast, FL
That was part of my plan when I got it, but I was not sure if the issue was that important. I guess a stud snapping at WOT would = face + ground. :-||

I will make that a priority on my pre-installl to do list. Other threads gave me a couple ideas like locktight, and putting the CDI in a bicycle innner-tube. How about the spark wire, and fuel filter. Is there a comprehensive thread on all steps necessary for long life. I remember reading something last year, but I have had trouble finding it.

Thanks to all!