off the wall in alabama

GoldenMotor.com

jkshd

Mar 7, 2015
Warrior Alabama
Hello to everyone! I have been reading some of the posts on the forum and decided there is a lot of experience to be used. I have been an automotive tech and teacher and a tool and die maker, that equals a tinkerer without limits. I have decided to try my first build though I have thought about it for years. Having weighted the options and read other's opinions, I have ordered a Little Devil kit from Dax and plan to use a Mongoose Dolomite as a starting platform. This is a bike with 4.25 wide tires so I expect some adapting will be needed.:-||

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome to the forum. You made a good choice to join and use the vast experience and knowledge available to get you through the initial challenge of building a successful and reliable motorized bicycle.

We're always here, ready and willing to offer advice and help with anything you have questions about. Our search feature will also provide you with answers to the most common questions. Type in a keyword or words and you'll have plenty to read on any subject related to motorized bikes.

Good luck with your first project.

Tom

MadMaxed

Feb 15, 2015
Florida
You wont regret your Dax little devil. They makes Grade-A engines. Also I've always wanted to make a fat-tire mb. You may have a little problem getting the chain to clear the tire, I could be wrong. If thats the case you could get a slightly smaller back tire. I love the idea.

Welcome to the forum.

These forums are loaded like a baked potato with very useful info.

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
Where cattle outnumber people 3 to 1.
Welcome to the forum. Plenty of help here.
It sounds like you've done your homework- excellent way to start. I'm pretty sure a member here, sportscarpat, can help you get the adapter problem worked out.

Good luck!

wtwrestling07

Jun 15, 2014
Defiance, OH
Welcome to the forum. I was also thinking about doing a dolomite build except im still working on my lowrider build atm. I found this on youtube a while back and that is where I got the idea to maybe do a dolomite build. Maybe you can get some help from the person who built it or maybe some ideas on mounting the engine. If you read in the comments the person who built the bike has his email in one of the comments where he was saying somthing about if anyone wants to know how he did it to email him and he will be glad to help. From the looks of it on the front he just built a bracket to offcenter it and also in the back has a custom bracket and just drilled through the frame and bolted it through the clutch case/cover. On the back for the sprocket he used 3 rubber gromments on the one side to make the sprocket stick out enough to line up with the drive gear/sprocket. There is alot of good info in the comments also.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okr3m3LY9N4&index=16&list=WL

The Mongoose Beast dosnt have the gears, im sure you can get it to work some how.

Last edited: