Newb that's hooked!

GoldenMotor.com

vdubbles24

Dec 17, 2014
Indiana
My names Brandon

Married father of 4, 31 yrs old. Been wrenching for along time. Air cooled VWs have been major part of my wrenching career. I've had close to 40 since I was 15.

I've sold out all my VW stash, time for a change.

Recently I ran across a fella by the name of Isaiah Gibbs with 3G Fab, and then found pics of Cobrafreak's 1911 Indian clone. I've research cobras build hard, and builds from 3G.

So now I'm piling up bikes. Thinkin of 2 builds a Indian and a HD I like both bikes. Love the looks of em. When I start I'll start a thread. I love to get feedback from other enthusiast.

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
Welcome aboard.

You're in the right place. You'll find enthusiasts here.

In fact, you've already found an enthusiast of air-cooled VWs. I've actually only ever owned one in my life. But I just loved it. And I love all the rest of them.

That's my idea of transportation; a simple drive train and some weather protection.

I do admire more sleek and complex cars. I just wish that our roads weren't clogged up with one Starship Enterprise after another, after another, and so on.

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Howdy & welcome!!

I've always wanted an old Bug.....just never pulled the trigger. Maybe some day, maybe.

vdubbles24

Dec 17, 2014
Indiana
Cool thanks birdman. We're just a lil over 2 hrs apart. I'll try to post pics soon. My last VW build was a 1965 volksrod truck RHD. Did a 6" chop, graphed in rear bus clip, and chopped and channeled a 1980 f150 bed. It hand a hand built RHD dash. Built it all in my 10x16 yard barn too.

vdubbles24

Dec 17, 2014
Indiana
Well I posted a thread over a FREE moped i received, SLOWLY parts are coming together for my build, nothin but patience here. I wanna build a clean retro lookin BTR, Cobrafreaks Indian build is what hooked me into this forum. Oh i can't forget "ROACH' by 3G fab love that nasty build up too.

vdubbles24

Dec 17, 2014
Indiana
I started on my frame last night, spent over a hour making my hoop! I'm a lil OCD so i took my time. I'm using a harbor freight bender, so I didn't wanna destroy the tube. I plan on starting a build thread once i get a few pics piled up in the phone and a lil progress worth discussing.