Just starting my first conversion, question about nexus gear hub ?

GoldenMotor.com

[email protected]

Feb 7, 2014
florida
Has anyone ever tried using a bike with a nexus gear hub. I have been looking all over the internet for some who has done it but no luck seeing a finished product.

[email protected]

Feb 7, 2014
florida
I have a 7 . I Decided I'm not use it on my first build though. Gonna either use la jolla or onex 29er I think.??? Still trying to decide which cruiser would be best. I'm hoping to be able to dive into it this week :)

Last edited:

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
welcome to the community. if like me you are probably excited as heck to build your first motorized bicycle. I am sure it will give you many years of enjoyment like it has most of us. great to have you with us.

waldo11

Mar 10, 2013
bucks co
Hello and welcome to the family,i have a onyx and they have a 48 spoke rear hub,i dont know if that will be compatable with your hub.i may be wrong but im sure someone on the forum will if i am.ride safe and again welcome to your new addiction.

BarryT

Dec 16, 2013
Corpus Christi, Texas
http://motorbicycling.com/picture.php?pictureid=8877&albumid=1491&dl=1388076961&thumb=1

Hello!
I had great luck with the 3 speed shown above. (before it was stolen). It came with a drum brake that was so-so. Using a REALLY crappy Grubee gearbox caused me grief. I found that the gearing with this setup was a little off. 1st and 2nd gear were fine but, 3rd was geared a bit too high. I just ordered another one this morning from Husky bicycles. It's coming with a coaster brake that I prefer and I'll change the gearing up a bit to fix the high gear issue.