100:1 Mix

GoldenMotor.com

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
Man, it truly is amazing how long this thread is :) this oil is amazing. Just thought I'd share new news I was at napa today and discovered "sten mix" in packets that you mix at 100:1 I read the fine print and it's made by interlube, so it is re-branded opti. Just another way of using an excellent oil :)

homejones

Jul 4, 2011
Lostville
Man, it truly is amazing how long this thread is :) this oil is amazing. Just thought I'd share new news I was at napa today and discovered "sten mix" in packets that you mix at 100:1 I read the fine print and it's made by interlube, so it is re-branded opti. Just another way of using an excellent oil :)
Unfortunately didn't work out for me. Went to Napa today and couldn't find it. They checked the system and didn't see it either. They said that it may have been an independently owned store with their own stock.

Thanks anyways!

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
Sorry you couldn't find it, yeah, must be a local thing, but remember, if you see Sten mix packets, it's the same thing :)

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
It was posted earlier that tractor supply has opti under the arnold name, I'ts where i buy it for my weed blower and trimmer.

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
Agreed with Pablo, engines like the flavor of Opti-2, but you get better HP with Klotz or some other racing oil mixed at 32:1. Still, I love Opti-2 myself and I'm sold on it :)

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
I have run the opti in my bike but will need more tuning to run it full time, I have it running good on the lucas oil at 40 to 1

nhssdf4

Jun 21, 2010
Ruston, LA
I notice Pablo has a chip on his shoulder when it comes to Opti-2, but I have several thousand miles..... HARD miles... Off road, on road, 90% of its life has been at WOT, and not once have i slung a rod, or marred my cylinder walls, and I average over 35mph, with a top speed at 41, clocked by police. So I swear by it, and will never use anything else. There may be "better" stuff out there, but i doubt it. For the performance and the longevity of the motor, this is the best.
xct2

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Opti2? Not that I know of, because it's not a racing oil. Real power is not made with low oil mix ratios.
Pablo is just observing reality. There are hundreds of professional 2 stroke race teams in the world. If none of them are using opti, there's probably a good reason. If opti was better than the oil they're using I'm sure they would use it.

In addition, look online at forums for professionals that use 2 stroke engines for a living, like lumberjacks, or yard workers. Opti isn't even on their radar.

I do have a couple of customers that own lawn equipment business's. Everytime I ask about using opti, they always advise against it. It just seems odd that in all the world only motor bicycle riders seem to like the stuff, and not many of them.

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
there are many forums with other "professionals" using opti2. i've seen lawnmower, chainsaw, tractor, and others, and all the threads parallel ours. everyone who uses it loves it, and everyone who's never tried it, condemns it.

i dunno why opti2 desn't sponsor any racers. they seem to like having an underground cult status. as far as the HP output, all the bikes i've run on opti are much faster than the ones on any other oil. that's not scientific, but it's good enough for me.

another thing to consider, is factory teams get free stuff. i know many people who use inferior products because it's free, and they get paid to do so. i'm a perfect example. i rode skateboards for Vision in the 80's, and hated almost all of their products. the decks i rode were custom made, i destroyed a pair of their shoes on a weekly basis, and flat-spotted their wheels every other day.

but they sent me truckloads of products, so it never mattered.

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
I notice Pablo has a chip on his shoulder when it comes to Opti-2, but I have several thousand miles..... HARD miles... Off road, on road, 90% of its life has been at WOT, and not once have i slung a rod, or marred my cylinder walls, and I average over 35mph, with a top speed at 41, clocked by police. So I swear by it, and will never use anything else. There may be "better" stuff out there, but i doubt it. For the performance and the longevity of the motor, this is the best.
xct2
No chip at all. I have never said one bad thing about Opti.

Choose ANY brand of 100:1 oil. Mix it truly 100:1. Choose a variety of racing oils. Mix them at 15:1, 20:1, 25:1. Run them all scientifically, in a double blind study on a real calibrated dyno in the SAME engine. I happen to know for a fact which oil ratio would have a higher power output. This does not mean "chip on my shoulder".

Sorry, I just keep an open mind.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I've been running Opti2 in all three of my bikes now for a long time, no complaints here, I mix it 1.8oz per Gal.of Fuel and have great results, no smoke, internals stay very clean, all three of my bikes are faster on Opti2 than they were on any other oil I ran in them and each of them was tuned real nice to the mix they were getting.

I dont doubt that there are several other oils out there that are great and will give great results also, I just like the no smoke, plenty of power results I have got with running Opti2 and I will continue to run it in these three engines.

I plan to give another oil a try in my next one just for the heck of it, but will likely end up with the Opti2 in it be the time it's all said and done also, I'm gonna try a Racing oil made by Lucas in my next engine just to see how it performs.
Products : Lucas Oil

I say to each their own on the oil issue, what ever a fella likes and does the job for him is then best for him in his opinion and that will never change no matter what anyone here has to say about it, some of us like to fiddle around and tinker with different things just to have something to do and other sdont, they just like to find something they are happy with and then stick with it no matter what everyone else is doing, thats the way I see all of this oil stuff.

Peace

nhssdf4

Jun 21, 2010
Ruston, LA
Well, didnt mean chip on the shoulder considering the mix ratio, only about the quality. Back when this thread was 45 pages long, i read the entire thing. And the only thing that I can be certain about is.
1. Opti-2 has done great things in the motorbiking world.
2. Never run Opti-2 in an engine that has been broken in and ridden on conventional 2 stroke oil.

Im just speaking from experience with my bike. Not an expert, just an avid cyclist and from all the different oils that I used my bike has seen the best results with opti-2. It tends to perform above and beyond, no matter what the conditions are. I have had to ride my bike without a muffler before, not only did it suck.... but it was running really lean and I had no way to get home. So I rode it for several ear shattering miles at 3/4 throttle, and when I got home, no damage to my engine. I would like to see any other oil run in my engine super lean and super hot, and not grenade.... Just speaking from experience.