how to increase gas mileage

GoldenMotor.com

videomandw

Jun 24, 2010
indiana
hello,
:-||
i recently built a cruiser with a 2 stroke chinese motor kit. it runs great, but i just checked my miles per gallon using my new speedometer/odometer. i think it's only getting around 56 miles per gallon. that's a rough approximation.

i keep reading about how these little motors are supposed to get 100-150 mpg. i know i'm still breaking in the motor but shouldn't i be getting better gas mileage? i think i read some instructions on this forum that you adjust the carb by screwing in the screw all the way and then backing off about 4 1/2 turns. that's what i did when i first built the bike.

is 56 mpg "normal"? any tips for increasing my mpg. i don't want to cut a hole in the muffler or other such idea that would increase the noise level. what do some of you on this forum get as far as mpg?

thanks for any ideas.
dave
valparaiso, indiana

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
56 miles per tank sounds about right....not per gallon. You might want to re-calibrate your speedo/odo and make sure you burn an exact gallon and try again. You should be getting better than 56mpg no matter what, even during break-in. Cheers.

As far as how to increase your gas mileage....go easy on the throttle, that's it!

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
I have the 2 liter tank and I get about 50 or so miles to the tankful. 2 tankfuls is a little over a gallon so I'm getting close to 100 mpg.

I think at 50 mpg you'd have gas dripping out of the exhaust.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Better mileage? Pedal more! ;)

Seriously, I think you are running too rich for any one of several possible reasons. What color is your plug?

severedcorps

Jul 13, 2010
Vancouver, BC
wow.. i have the same problem

i didnt realize my odometer was set to km and not miles.. so I am only getting about 60 mpg...

I don't know why, and I am past break in..