How do i mount a lawnmower muffler on my stock?

GoldenMotor.com

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Most folks weld it on. Some try to use a piece of hi-temp rubber tubing and a couple of hose clamps. If you go the hose and clamp way you will need to support the lawnmower muffler, or else it will eventually fall out of the hose or the hose will break.

K.i.p

Nov 8, 2009
CNY
You should be able to braze it on with a MAP gas torch as well, but use care. The muffler I purchased was galvanized, the plating will release arsenic when heated! Be sure to either remove the plating or work with extremely good ventilation (outside?). A machined adaptor or bushing will aid in keeping things lined up while fabricating if you have that option.

professor

Oct 14, 2009
Buffalo ny area
Weld one half of a pipe coupling on the stock muffler end so that you can screw a cigar shaped mower muff on- that way you can clean it or replace it as needed.
They come in 1/2 inch or 3/4 inch sizes, work well, and are cheap.

professor

Oct 14, 2009
Buffalo ny area
My experience is the more mufflers -the quieter, the longer the whole exaust system is the quieter it is.
As for loss of performance, I don't know about motorbikes, in cars, if the muffs are big enough there is no or minimal loss. Works great on small tractors too.