Hi!

GoldenMotor.com

mamadou camara

Nov 17, 2009
Pennsylvania
Hi everybody!
My name is Mamadou CAMARA.
I'm new in the world of motorized bicycles.I just purchased an 80cc engine from bikeberry motors.I did mount the kit. But every time i pull the clutch(disengage the engine) the motor dies As long i throttle
up and the engine is engaged.It runs fine.
I need some ideas on how to fix that .

Thank You!!!:-||

Finfan

Aug 29, 2008
Tucson, AZ USA
There is a screw on the side of the carb that adjusts the idle. Try adjusting that to see if it helps. Unfortunately I can't remember if you have to turn it in or out to increase the idle since I haven't touched mine for so long. Good luck!

mamadou camara

Nov 17, 2009
Pennsylvania
Hey !

I tried to adjust the idle screw.I still have the same problem.I also tried to increase the rpm(or decrease it), but nothing changed. How do you adjust the carb needle ?I'm not a crack in mechanic.But with a couple hints i might be able to find my way around.
I think it's not electric because as long as i don't pull the clutch(disengage the clutch) it run fine.
Another thing my kill switch doesn't seem to work.I wired it this way: yellow/red wire(from kill switch) to white wire (from engine);green wire(from kill switch) grounded to the bike frame. Any idea why it's not working.

Finfan

Aug 29, 2008
Tucson, AZ USA
Could be a bad switch or the engine may not be grounded to the frame. Try connecting the ground wire directly to the engine. If that doesn't work and you have an ohm meter then measure continuity across the switch. It should be open (infinite resistance) normally and go to a short (zero resistance) when the button is pushed.

If you remove the cap from the top of the carb where the cable enters you'll find the needle. There is a metal disk on it that you can move up and down to adjust it. I think moving the disk down will increase the fuel flow.

Good luck!

mamadou camara

Nov 17, 2009
Pennsylvania
It's working now.The engine is idling now.I did clean the carb. But my kill switch is not working.Do i need to peel off some paint off v the bike frame the ground wire would have a better contact??Or shoud i drill a hole in the frame and screw the ground on it?:-||:-||

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
to get a good ground, scrape the paint off to bare metal, get a tiny lug and a tiny screw, drill a pilot hole and screw it in.

my bike is an old cruiser that used to have a fake tank on it, and it already had a tiny hole, so i got lucky. my last bike had a head badge on it, so i used that screw.

but the key to a good ground is a good contact, and paint doesn't help.

Finfan

Aug 29, 2008
Tucson, AZ USA
Or you can just wire the switch across the two wires that go to the CDI (black box with the spark plug wire). Short them together and you kill the engine.

rkorson4209

Oct 10, 2009
michigan
Hey !

I tried to adjust the idle screw.I still have the same problem.I also tried to increase the rpm(or decrease it), but nothing changed. How do you adjust the carb needle ?I'm not a crack in mechanic.But with a couple hints i might be able to find my way around.
I think it's not electric because as long as i don't pull the clutch(disengage the clutch) it run fine.
Another thing my kill switch doesn't seem to work.I wired it this way: yellow/red wire(from kill switch) to white wire (from engine);green wire(from kill switch) grounded to the bike frame. Any idea why it's not working.
No it doesn't sound like an electrical problem at all. Are u using the choke to start it and then gradually turning it down, to where it eventually is off. At first i was having that problem. Then it was my carb needle setting, which is real easy to udjust. PM me if you need any specific help.